Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NFL Sunday Ticket

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Going to a Steeler bar is going to cost me as much as a month of YT.

We rented a house for Christmas in ATL this year. My sister suggested going to a Steeler Bar to watch the game. It’s about 15 people so once you add all that up it makes sense to just spend X amount of dollars to watch it through an app. Especially since it’s Christmas Eve and going to be brick cold for ATL this weekend.
    No doubt it’s easier and cheaper at just about any rate to pay to watch the game at home. I just try to change it up from time to time to keep the experience interesting.

Even with just 2 of us, going to the bar a lot isn’t really that cost effective and with more people, the costs just get worse

I wish we had fam that headed south of us instead of having to go back to Pittsburgh this week. This shiz is way too cold for us anymore.

Im jealous of you being in ATL, but nowadays I’m cold if it’s anything less than 73 and sunny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Unfortunately read they are getting smarter about the VPN work-around. They are using google gps to track user IP location and blocking it based on that. Fortunately there is a work around for that as well....
    Lol. It’s nuts there’s always a new workaround that gets shut down and then a new work around emerges endlessly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Apple TV was set to buy the rights, but the NFL told them no. The reason? Apple wanted to give the Sunday Ticket service free to those who subscribed to their $6.99/month service. The NFL did not want their product being offered at such an affordable price point; they'd rather have a significant portion of their potential audience left out.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/16/apple...-ticket-talks/

Causes me to hope the illegal streaming services become even more successful and end up costing the NFL billions.
    Im surprised Apple, Google, etc don’t just try to buy exclusive rights. CBS and Fox are only going to provide $40b to the NFL over the next dozen years. These tech companies could easily pay $10b / yr extra and give away the games and still make money on the deal.

And they could help the NFL by directing more eyeballs, traffic, media globally which could 10x the value CBS and Fox could deliver.

I think the NFL is being short sighted here trying to maximize the short term at the expense of the long term.

Legend

User Info Menu

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/22/nfl-sunday-ticket-youtube-tv.html
    The National Football League announced Thursday its Sunday Ticket subscription package would go to Google’s YouTube TV starting next season, marking the league’s second media rights deal with a streaming service.
    YouTube will pay roughly $2 billion a year for the residential rights of the Sunday Ticket package, according to people familiar with the matter. The deal runs for seven years, one of the people said.

The agreement will elevate YouTube’s profile in the competitive streaming space. At the start of the 2023-24 season, Sunday Ticket will be available two ways: as an add-on package on YouTube TV and as a standalone a-la-carte option on YouTube Primetime Channels, which allows you to subscribe to individual streaming services and channels as well as watch movies. In the latter option, consumers will be able to subscribe only to Sunday Ticket without having a YouTube TV subscription. Pricing hasn’t been determined for either option.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CBS local is an issue in south Cary, NC so I watch on paramount +..works out great..
    75% of the games here on CBS are usually Steelers!!
    Like others have said once in a while I like to go to a Steeler Bar locally to watch..
    unfortunately Sammies Tavern near NC state is no long the fan club bar…new owners…went down hill…never will I go there again after bad experience a month ago….
    Good new they moved the fan club to Hibernian Tavern North Raleigh!…
    haven’t been yet during Steeler game but, planning….50 min drive for me….
    I want to buy just the Steeler games or conference not every freaking game…so stupid for normal residence…

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am going to drop Direct tv. Only reason I had it was the ticket. hopefully Youtube lets you buy buy the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    I am going to drop Direct tv. Only reason I had it was the ticket. hopefully Youtube lets you buy buy the team.
    Haven't heard anything like that, but I did read a report that said you would be able to add Sunday Ticket through YTTV as a standalone service -- you won't have to purchase their regular subscription package to get it. No idea what the price will be yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Haven't heard anything like that, but I did read a report that said you would be able to add Sunday Ticket through YTTV as a standalone service -- you won't have to purchase their regular subscription package to get it. No idea what the price will be yet.
    This would mimic what DTV does so it makes sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pricing will probably be similar imo

Legend

User Info Menu

?

I thought you needed to subscribe to direct tv to get Sunday ticket.

last few years I’ve been able to latch onto to a student discount and stream the games through DTV