Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Sunday Ticket

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wonder if I can get a refund even though the game was blacked out in my area?

But how do they know I’m a Steeler fan and if it was the whole service I should get my money back.

They must have returned half the servers or didn’t update to the latest software. This year has been awful.
    I think you're replying here to a post from September? I don't think there was an issue with streaming last weekend.

They don't know you're a Steelers fan. They just now how to block out certain games in certain areas based on location services.

Legend

User Info Menu

yes. Its about $65 a month. They haven’t said if the Ticket will be an additional cost yet.

Youtube TV already has NBA and MLB channels and I believe they show all the games so hopefully they will donthe same with the ticket. I do expect it to go up again.

Originally it was like $50 a month and they keep increasing the price. If they offer a deal I’m jumping on it before the price hike.

What I like about YT TV is the infinite DVR service that comes with it. You can record endlessly.
    Fuque that, I already pay for DirecTV since it's our condo building's preferred provider. 2023 will be my first in 25 years without every game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Fuque that, I already pay for DirecTV since it's our condo building's preferred provider. 2023 will be my first in 25 years without every game.
    You will probably be able to stream just the Sunday Ticket on YouTubeTV and use DirecTV for everything else.

What do you pay for your DirecTV per month? Or is it included in your Condo fee?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    oh well.. that sucks. Is it included in your rent/mortgage or is it an add on?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Condo covers part of the basic service, not Sunday Ticket. Maybe I'm overreacting - as long as I can subscribe/cancel YTV on a monthly basis it should come out in the wash.

Legend

User Info Menu

Losing NFL ticket is gonna cream DTV sales. They seem to be going to all streaming any ways.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would get just a Steelers channel if it was a reasonable price.

Crazy that YT TV is that much. I figured it would be on the order of $10-20 like other streaming services.

I guess it's cheaper than cable? But I figured no one by my parents have had cable for over a decade.

Seems like a terrible value IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I would get just a Steelers channel if it was a reasonable price.

Crazy that YT TV is that much. I figured it would be on the order of $10-20 like other streaming services.

I guess it's cheaper than cable? But I figured no one by my parents have had cable for over a decade.

Seems like a terrible value IMO.
    the beauty is its month to month. No contracts.

but yes, it started out reasonable $35 and just kept climbing higher and higher.

but how much is regular cable these days?

my sister still has cable and I can watch cable thru her app, except for local channels. What I realized is cable has nothing exciting besides old shows.. and the reality is most of these old shows are on other streaming sites without commercials.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

the beauty is its month to month. No contracts.

but yes, it started out reasonable $35 and just kept climbing higher and higher.

but how much is regular cable these days?

my sister still has cable and I can watch cable thru her app, except for local channels. What I realized is cable has nothing exciting besides old shows.. and the reality is most of these old shows are on other streaming sites without commercials.
    Mrs NorthCoast has some shows still on cable so haven't dropped it yet. Add in a few stream channels and it's a car payment each month basically ). But we now have a household rule that no service gets added unless one gets dropped. Hard choices have to be made (except for Steelers viewing).
    I've gotten Sunday Ticket on my son's student discount for a few years now even though he's been out of school. The switch to youtube is gonna screw that up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Most of the games have been on one of the 2 local CBS feeds for me for years and I’ve had to figure out how to watch just a handful of games each year.

It’s still fun sometimes going to a Steelers bar once in a while but as each year passes, it’s more relaxing just watching from the comfort of the house.

You can get Paramount Plus for $5/month and get the local CBS broadcast. That plus a VPN can let you get the local broadcast in another market that carries the game if you don’t get it.

So if you wanna go the cheap route, a free VPN + PP for $5/month during the season should do most of the trick.

Of course, there’s the Sun, Mon, and Thurs night games you have to figure out and the Fox games.

With all the time you have to spend jumping thru hoops to figure out how to cost effectively game the system, might as well work a few extra hours a year to just cover the $65/month for YT???