Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could this be Colbert’s best draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Not Colbert's entire tenure but based on this I sure hope it is his best draft. The Steelers have some catching up to do with BAL in the last decade (drafting Bell saved his bacon):

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right now it's too early to grade, but to go on early results it the best draft since 2017, which has four current starters in the NFL, one of whom is great. Most drafts do not produce four starts and to have a great player in it is rare.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Right now it's too early to grade, but to go on early results it the best draft since 2017, which has four current starters in the NFL, one of whom is great. Most drafts do not produce four starts and to have a great player in it is rare.
    Last years draft could end up being pretty good if Moore pans out. What if Green snaps back at Guard too? One can dream.

Najee
    Muth
    Moore
    Loudermilk
    Green???
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Swan, Stallworth, Lambert and Webby were our best class ever.

Best case scenario is we end up with our top 3 picks in the HOF and that’s a long shot.

But I do love this class and think we may hit on almost every pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    But I do love this class and think we may hit on almost every pick.
    every player was a Steelers' type of guy who provided great value, was BPA and was the steal of the draft!

Legend

User Info Menu

Every draft is the best draft... until the season starts.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Every draft is the best draft... until the season starts.
    maybe.. but I feel pretty good about the first 5 picks and feel like most will contribute day 1 for us.

Still a lot of time for these guys to fall flat on their face but Pickens, Austin and Leal have me excited. Of course Kenny as well but I think we are going to be frustratingly patient with him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    maybe.. but I feel pretty good about the first 5 picks and feel like most will contribute day 1 for us.

Still a lot of time for these guys to fall flat on their face but Pickens, Austin and Leal have me excited. Of course Kenny as well but I think we are going to be frustratingly patient with him.
    If after 1 and a 1/2 years, if he still hasn't shown anything, then he isn't going to. Current days coaches say it only takes a few workouts to know if a QB has "it" or not. If a season and a half goes by and KP hasn't shown much, he's a bust. Ben showed his greatness in year 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    If after 1 and a 1/2 years, if he still hasn't shown anything, then he isn't going to. Current days coaches say it only takes a few workouts to know if a QB has "it" or not. If a season and a half goes by and KP hasn't shown much, he's a bust. Ben showed his greatness in year 1.
    we only found out Ben had it his first year because Maddox was injured.

Thank goodness because he may have sat the whole year. Ben as no further along than Pickett when he left his first camp before his first preseason game in 2004.