Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle thinks they found a gem in Burns...yes, THAT Burns.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seattle thinks they found a gem in Burns...yes, THAT Burns.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-theyve-found/

One of Colbert's biggest gaffes in his history in Pgh. Artie Burns. Let not forget he drafted Burns when Xavien Howard was still on the board. Nice one. Xavien has gone on to be one of the very best CBs in the entire NFL since.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Better in Seattle. They only gave him 1 mill guaranteed 2 if all goes well. Good for him that he's still competing.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

One of Colbert's biggest gaffes in his history in Pgh. Artie Burns. Let not forget he drafted Burns when Xavien Howard was still on the board. Nice one. Xavien has gone on to be one of the very best CBs in the entire NFL since.
    It's interesting that Burns had a grade of 79.5 last season, his highest of his career. Artie never came close to this throughout his tenure in the Steel City. Maybe, he finally developed.
    Steel Mafia wrote: "I would gladly welcome 25 Cartel associates and/or 15 Syrian terrorists with open arms

feltdizz on justifying Cameron Heyward's lies: "Cam is a leader, he just has a tendency to try and speak things into existence".

Shawn's RACIST narrative, "All black QBs are either run first, perverts or unable to handle the position cognitively".

Legend

User Info Menu

See all you impatient fools who thought he was a bum.
    If you were only patient enough to wait 7 years for him to be on the verge of average.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Considering SEA was bottom of the league in pass defense last year a statue in the secondary might look good to them. Artie fooled us in his sophomore year. It was all downhill after that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    It's interesting that Burns had a grade of 79.5 last season, his highest of his career. Artie never came close to this throughout his tenure in the Steel City. Maybe, he finally developed.
    His first two years as a Steeler he was 67.6 and 70.5, not bad for a young corner. Went downhill after, but I wouldn't call him a complete bust. Hope he finds success on NFC Pittsburgh.

BTW, I'm sure this will quickly turn into a critique of PFF, but Joe Haden's grades by year in Pittsburgh were Burns-esque: 66.0, 70.9, 70.3, 66.6, 63.4.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 08-10-2022 at 06:37 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

SEA is just throwing barbs at PIT because we think we found a gem in Witherspoon (although they do get a 2023 draft pick from us and we got nothing for Burns ).

Legend

User Info Menu

While his tape is average and technique can be non*existent at times, NFL teams often draft on traits at the cornerback spot and assume that coaching will take care of the rest.

from his draft profile.

Odd the coaches here couldn’t make him him into a good player. Lolol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    While his tape is average and technique can be non*existent at times, NFL teams often draft on traits at the cornerback spot and assume that coaching will take care of the rest.

from his draft profile.

Odd the coaches here couldn’t make him him into a good player. Lolol
    I agree.
    If his POSITION COACH was only as good as the one TAMPA had when they won that first SB Burns might have amounted to something.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Burns has the physical tools to play in the NFL. I think the mental aspect of his game is where he probably failed with the Steelers.

He made to many instinctive and mental mistakes for the Steelers to keep him.