Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He's not wrong....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's not wrong....

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-mad...s-camp-so-far/

It's certainly far from over, but so far, not so good, especially if the front office was completely pre-set on who the starter at QB was always going to be no matter what. Chants for Kenny will become normal quite quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

It's certainly far from over, but so far, not so good, especially if the front office was completely pre-set on who the starter at QB was always going to be no matter what. Chants for Kenny will become normal quite quickly.
    I think the depth chart for camp was obvious but we can’t say its a sham process before the first freaking preseason game.

This just occurred to me when reading the article. We have been speaking like this is the last preseason game and Mitch is locked in after looking like trash.

We have no idea how this will go after the first preseason game. Tomlin will probably shuffle the deck these first 2 games and then give Kenny the third game for obvious reasons.

What we should be saying is Mitch is going to be the starting QB in the first preseason game no matter what and I’m fine with that. Make Kenny work for it, don’t just give it to him.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The other day, Tomlin said what they're asking of Kenny is to be a playmaker, to make plays. I think he realizes that playing small ball with Mitch or Mason and a shaky OL isn't the long term answer.

I'm sticking with my prediction of Kenny coming in vs. Cleveland week 3. It's easy to say you have a plan, but when losses happen coaches get itchy trigger fingers. Heck, Cowher yanked Jim Miller 17 passes into his tenure as Steelers starting QB in 1996.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I'm sticking with my prediction of Kenny coming in vs. Cleveland week 3. It's easy to say you have a plan, but when losses happen coaches get itchy trigger fingers. Heck, Cowher yanked Jim Miller 17 passes into his tenure as Steelers starting QB in 1996.
    if that were to happen, I think it's much more likely that Tomlin would wait until our Week 9 bye.

Legend

User Info Menu

The other day, Tomlin said what they're asking of Kenny is to be a playmaker, to make plays. I think he realizes that playing small ball with Mitch or Mason and a shaky OL isn't the long term answer.

I agree with you; you start out with a plan but these things can change on a dime. And become very fluid. But would you want to put Pickett in there if the O-line is looking bad already? Why subject a rookie to that when you might as well let Trubisky stay in there because he's the better runner of the two and can run away from trouble more so then Pickett.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Relevant?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

What is it with you and Mark Madden? I’d rather get my Steelers news from Edgar Snyder or Pittsburgh Dad than that walrus-looking piece of sh!t.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if that were to happen, I think it's much more likely that Tomlin would wait until our Week 9 bye.
    Eh, not if we're losing. After the Cleveland game there are 10 days to prepare for the Jets, kind of a mini-bye. Season my be lost by week 9.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eh, not if we're losing. After the Cleveland game there are 10 days to prepare for the Jets, kind of a mini-bye. Season my be lost by week 9.
    Exactly. Then the fans won't blame the lost season on the rookie QB.

Ultimately, I think we all hope that Kenny (or at least someone) shows that they are far and away the best guy so we can't keep him on the bench.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    What is it with you and Mark Madden? I’d rather get my Steelers news from Edgar Snyder or Pittsburgh Dad than that walrus-looking piece of sh!t.
    I get my Steeler news from ALL OVER, from many, many sources. Madden often speaks truths others are afraid to say.