Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: Harris speed. Wizard inaccuracy and no official 40 yard times on it

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Harris speed. Wizard inaccuracy and no official 40 yard times on it

    Mr.wizard
    7-17-22

    Re: Scheme. Hopefully we're a lot less predictable this season. If we can catch defenses unaware, maybe that can turn into some big plays too.
    Why do you think Harris lacks top end speed? He runs a 4.4 and as far as I know that is still fast for a running back

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...-in-Rd-1/page2



    Joel Bushbaum: Ohhh, you are so busted. He did not run a 4.40 in any link! Not to distort things. The best he ran was a 4.45 college-reported time. And like I said he didn't run at the NFL combine or pro day. No official NFL times.




    7-18-22 ht

    Originally Posted by Mr.wizard
    Why do you think Harris lacks top end speed? He runs a 4.4 and as far as I know that is still fast for a running back.

    Joel Bushsbaum wrote:

    What? Post a link that shows me a timed 4.40 speed by stop watch at his combine or pro day that others attended. Not some BS time report by the media. I'd like to see that. By my eye, he runs 4.55 at best and doesn't have what I call fast accretion to the hole which is as important. He's heavier now...sounds like he is switching to a more of a power game

    Wizard
    7-18-22 Its his time he ran at the combine, which im going to go out on a limb and say it's more accurate than your "eye".

    Joel Buchsbaum
    7-18-22

    No! Harris did not run at the combine or his pro day! Please get the facts straight and show me that! I think he hide his speed and looks slower than 4.40 or 4.45 which was " reported " Reported times are not official and shocking are often exaggerated just like height can be.

    >>> Now let him 1 ) Admit the mistake. 2 ) Other posters careful when using his " data ".
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 08-04-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mr.wizard
    7-17-22

    Re: Scheme. Hopefully we're a lot less predictable this season. If we can catch defenses unaware, maybe that can turn into some big plays too.
    Why do you think Harris lacks top end speed? He runs a 4.4 and as far as I know that is still fast for a running back

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...-in-Rd-1/page2



    Joel Bushbaum: Ohhh, you are so busted. He did not run a 4.40 in any link! Not yo distort things. The best he ran was a 4.45 college-reported time. And like I said he didn't run at the NFL combine or pro day. No official NFL times.




    7-18-22 ht

    Originally Posted by Mr.wizard
    Why do you think Harris lacks top end speed? He runs a 4.4 and as far as I know that is still fast for a running back.

    Joel Bushsbaum wrote:

    What? Post a link that shows me a timed 4.40 speed by stop watch at his combine or pro day that others attended. Not some BS time report by the media. I'd like to see that. By my eye, he runs 4.55 at best and doesn't have what I call fast accretion to the hole which is as important. He's heavier now...sounds like he is switching to a more of a power game

    Wizard
    7-18-22 Its his time he ran at the combine, which im going to go out on a limb and say it's more accurate than your "eye".

    Joel Buchsbaum
    7-18-22

    No! Harris did not run at the combine or his pro day! Please get the facts straight and show me that! I think he hide his speed and looks slower than 4.40 or 4.45 which was " reported " Reported times are not official and shocking are often exaggerated just like height can be.

    >>> Now let him 1 ) Admit the mistake. 2 ) Other posters careful when using his " data ".
    Post my comments from later in that thread where i admit I mis read the article and it wasnt at the combine or pro day. This is established its an unoffical time, but regardless its the only time we have. Saying a guy runs a 4.4 is a generalization for anyone running in the 4.4s. If you run a 4.40 or a 4.45 you are still a 4.4 guy, notice i left off the zero.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Post my comments from later in that thread where i admit I mis read the article and it wasnt at the combine or pro day. This is established its an unoffical time, but regardless its the only time we have. Saying a guy runs a 4.4 is a generalization for anyone running in the 4.4s. If you run a 4.40 or a 4.45 you are still a 4.4 guy, notice i left off the zero.
    Do you believe that if he was timed in camp that he'd run that fast?

    I think he's a good to very good running back. But he doesn't seem to have top end speed.

    Not behind our poor OL.

    Not behind the dominant OL he had in college.

    This doesn't make him a bad player.

    But it does mean that it's unlikely that he'll take one 60 - 70 yards to the house.

    As in all things, I reserve the right to change my mind if we get more evidence.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Do you believe that if he was timed in camp that he'd run that fast?

    I think he's a good to very good running back. But he doesn't seem to have top end speed.

    Not behind our poor OL.

    Not behind the dominant OL he had in college.

    This doesn't make him a bad player.

    But it does mean that it's unlikely that he'll take one 60 - 70 yards to the house.

    As in all things, I reserve the right to change my mind if we get more evidence.
    4.40 is very fast for a back! 4.45 is fast. These type if players do not get caught form behind often. No, I'm not buying that Harris has that type of speed either. He also lacks top acceleration too. You can judge Harris in plays where the OL played well say 1/3 of Harris attempts. That is a big enough sample for me. One these plays where the OL blocked well Harris did take plays for 10 -15 yards but sacks the speed to do more. He did not have many outside runs for 10+ yards either. Judging but his current weight, I think he's going for power.
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Do you believe that if he was timed in camp that he'd run that fast?

    I think he's a good to very good running back. But he doesn't seem to have top end speed.

    Not behind our poor OL.

    Not behind the dominant OL he had in college.

    This doesn't make him a bad player.

    But it does mean that it's unlikely that he'll take one 60 - 70 yards to the house.

    As in all things, I reserve the right to change my mind if we get more evidence.
    He may I dont know but it is irrelevant to what Joel is trying to do. He is saying Iied about the reported 40 time which is not true. Harris would still plenty fast if he ran a 4.6 so too me it doesnt matter if he is 4.4, 4.5, or 4.6 guy because you are talking about tenths of second. Joel is being ridiculous to the point where he says "He isn't a 4.4 guy, by my eye hes a 4.5 guy" as if anyone watching a guy on tv in pads carrying a football could tell that.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    4.40 is very fast for a back! 4.45 is fast. These type if players do not get caught form behind often. No, I'm not buying that Harris has that type of speed either. He also lacks top acceleration too. You can judge Harris in plays where the OL played well say 1/3 of Harris attempts. That is a big enough sample for me. One these plays where the OL blocked well Harris did take plays for 10 -15 yards but sacks the speed to do more. He did not have many outside runs for 10+ yards either. Judging but his current weight, I think he's going for power.
    Lol, 4.40 is really fast for a back but 4.45 is just fast, okay now I convinced you dont know what these times mean.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Lol, 4.40 is really fast for a back but 4.45 is just fast, okay now I convinced you dont know what these times mean.
    Joel's forgotten more football than you and half the PS crew ever learned. Relax, Wiz.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Post my comments from later in that thread where i admit I mis read the article and it wasnt at the combine or pro day. This is established its an unoffical time, but regardless its the only time we have. Saying a guy runs a 4.4 is a generalization for anyone running in the 4.4s. If you run a 4.40 or a 4.45 you are still a 4.4 guy, notice i left off the zero.

    You are moving goal posts. Are you arms and legs tired yet? It took me calling your OUT for a bogus 40 time. You initially said 4.40 That is very fast. When I asked didn't have an official time either. Hmmm...

    The article never mentioned the combine or pro day, so you are lying about that by saying you misread it. I'm the one who mentioned it. No where on the in ANY article did it say 4.40!

    You are now resting on an un-official college time that's not confirmed by an NFL source. I know what official 4.45 times look like. They are for Receivers or Defensive backs mostly. Harris is not a 4.45 guy. He doesn't run that fast.
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    You are moving goal posts. Are you arms and legs tired yet? It took me calling your OUT for a bogus 40 time. You initially said 4.40 That is very fast. When I asked didn't have an official time either. Hmmm...

    The article never mentioned the combine or pro day, so you are lying about that by saying you misread it. I'm the one who mentioned it. No where on the in ANY article did it say 4.40!

    You are now resting on an un-official college time that's not confirmed by an NFL source. I know what official 4.45 times look like. They are for Receivers or Defensive backs mostly. Harris is not a 4.45 guy. He doesn't run that fast.
    Keep showing your colors Joel.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Keep showing your colors Joel.
    I am showing yours Mr Wizard. This isn't the first time you have lied / misrepresent things about things about football stuff either. I may start another thread about another player and list it. Don't worry I have no plans to make it personal by attacking you with bad words, the focus will be football related. Get ready to move some more goal posts if I do it. Of course you don't start any of your own threads, so me posting back to your ideas good or bad won't be found there. As they say it's easier to destroy some than create for mortal man.

    As one other poster put it ,
    Joel's forgotten more football than you and half the PS crew ever learned. Relax, Wiz
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •