Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: So how are the other drafted QB's doing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    All you got is name calling and conjecture. Sad.
    You do know that all YOU have is conjecture right?

Until we hear otherwise, there is literally ZERO proof for your contention Tomlin wanted Willis over Pickett.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    All you got is name calling and conjecture. Sad.
    what name did I call you?

Anytime someone counters or points out a fallacy you go the victim route.

and you name call Tomlin in every other post, lol
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/20...training-camp/

I wish some former Steeler said something like this on Pickett.
    why? you would probably say he was just being nice because he was a former player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Malik Willis earns reps with second-team offense

Less than a week ago, Titans coach Mike Vrabel said they want to make things "as hard as possible" for Malik Willis in order to help slow things down for the rookie quarterback. On Thursday, Willis got a chance to work with the second-team offense during the 7-on-7 red-zone period, and Vrabel applauded him for his composure after practice. A strong showing with the 2s indicates he's picking up what coaches are laying down. "He's able to retain information really well, and so his decision-making, which we monitor, has been very good for a rookie," Titans QBs coach Pat O'Hara said Thursday, via Paul Kuharsky. "And things that he hasn't had to do before, relative to working from the pocket, his feet need to catch up with his mind. It's getting better; it takes time. Malik has a very strong arm and a really cool skill set, but you can't always rely on that all the time. These windows are tight; the geography is different with the hash marks in the pro game, which makes a big difference, in my opinion." O'Hara couldn't hide his grin while mentioning Willis' foresight outside the pocket, indicating his dynamic ability to be a threat through the air or on the ground. By all accounts, Willis is showing improvement already in the early stages of camp with plenty more experience to come over the next month. The 23-year-old Liberty product is sure to be one of the more interesting prospects to watch as preseason games get underway.

https://www.nfl.com/news/training-camp-buzz-2022-aug-4

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

You just called him 'victim...'

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Why a former Steeler? That would be biased just like a former Panther receiver.

What would be better is a HOF QB like Kurt Warner who evaluated ALL of the QBs, not just the ONE on his former team.
    I wish anyone in the media or a former or current steelers would have someone nice to say about Pickett, like he throws a good ball, he gets the ball of his hand quickly, he has a good arm, there is a commanding presnece about the young man in the huddle, his balls have some zip on them he's going to be the starter in a year...that type of stuff that guys show off the bus a 2 weeks in camp.

A rookie QB like Corral is doing well and your read these type of things, but with Pickett he hasn't shown this type ability yet.
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish anyone in the media or a former or current steelers would have someone nice to say about Pickett, like he throws a good ball, he gets the ball of his hand quickly, he has a good arm, there is a commanding presnece about the young man in the huddle, his balls have some zip on them he's going to be the starter in a year...that type of stuff that guys show off the bus a 2 weeks in camp.

A rookie QB like Corral is doing well and your read these type of things, but with Pickett he hasn't shown this type ability yet.
    Why? What would it accomplish?

This is the same media that said Willis could be the first one off the board at 10.

Sounds like you want to win the summer and that is of little concern when it comes to a players development.

Pretty sure when it comes to Matt Corral you are talking about Steve Smith gushing over him. I live down here so I heard it live. He also said “Usually I just bash players and I’m trying to be better about this so I’m going to say something positive since people complain about me being so negative when discussing the Panther..”

”He’s going to be a good one and will be a starter IN A FEW YEARS”

its still the Baker vs Darnold show down here and Corral is probably getting the same amount of attention as Kenny in Pittsburgh by the local media. Maybe less since Kenny is a Pitt guy.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 08-05-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

UNC Football: Sam Howell Impresses at Commandersí Training Camp

The former UNC football star is the first Tar Heel quarterback selected in the NFL Draft since Mitch Trubisky and joins former Heel Cole Holcomb in Washington.

Heading into the 2022 season, the Washington Commanders have a new nickname and could have their new quarterback of the future.

Former UNC football standout Sam Howell has impressed onlookers at Commandersí training camp, showcasing his strong arm and accuracy in small windows. The former Tar Heel completed all four passes during the 9-on-9 drills, drawing praise from Pro Bowler Terry McLaurin.

As Howell battles backup Taylor Heinicke for the QB2 spot on the Washington depth chart, he is taking advantage of the opportunity to gain reps and extra time on the field. The former four-star recruit has consistently been the first Commander out on the field, arriving 30 minutes prior to the start of practice.

https://keepingitheel.com/2022/07/29...training-camp/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

The name calling rule is from poster to poster, NOT relevant from poster to player or coach. You have to be kidding me, that you didn't realize this. Please tell me you knew better. Wowzie. Phew.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/20...training-camp/

I wish some former Steeler said something like this on Pickett.
    If Bill Parcells had said "Potential and $5 buys you 20 minutes aT Starbucks'"
    along with "You are what your record says you are," i'd be immortal too.