Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: So how are the other drafted QB's doing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Looked pretty much like he did at Cincy last year, some good, some bad, but you see the talent.

Must be nice to have a coach who is willing to develop you and not bury you on the depth chart. Played every snap from the 2nd series on.

Pickett might not get more than 1 or 2 series tonight as the Mediocre Mitch and Mason Show takes center stage.
    yeah, I’m a little envious of teams who already have their starting QB situation settled.

Ridder, Howell and Willis are going to get early opportunities in preseason while Corral and Pickett have to watch a QB battle before getting some reps.

Wentz and Henneike are established on the depth chart so they are predicting early reps for Howell today.

Hopefully we only give a few series to Mason and Mitch tonight but I could us going to halftime or even the third quarter with M&M.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yeah, I’m a little envious of teams who already have their starting QB situation settled.

Ridder, Howell and Willis are going to get early opportunities in preseason while Corral and Pickett have to watch a QB battle before getting some reps.

Wentz and Henneike are established on the depth chart so they are predicting early reps for Howell today.

Hopefully we only give a few series to Mason and Mitch tonight but I could us going to halftime or even the third quarter with M&M.
    Iron sharpens iron... It's easier to control things with some resistance than just runnin' willy-nilly downhill...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post

Coach Tomlin predicted that you'd post this many years before becoming the
    Third And Finest Head Football Coach Since The Chuck Noll Era Began in 1969.
    As usual, no one understands your attempted point(s).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Looked pretty much like he did at Cincy last year, some good, some bad, but you see the talent.

Must be nice to have a coach who is willing to develop you and not bury you on the depth chart. Played every snap from the 2nd series on.

Pickett might not get more than 1 or 2 series tonight as the Mediocre Mitch and Mason Show takes center stage.
    the lone reason I might have been against taking KP/QB

this coaching staff
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 08-13-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Be prepared for some bad calls this year.[/QUOTE]

I saw his clips. He very lucky the end zone was a TD and not an INT. The qb threw it as he was rolling out and hung it up there. The receiver undercut the clueless db. It's a TD in the books, but I'm sure the coach will use the example as what not to do.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

wow..totally forgot PJ Walker was still in the Panthers camp. I’m sure they probably move on from Walker this year but he got reps I expected Corral to get this game.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    wow..totally forgot PJ Walker was still in the Panthers camp. I’m sure they probably move on from Walker this year but he got reps I expected Corral to get this game.
    Corral was the 4th Panthers QB to play.

his stat line: 1/9 for 11 yds

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Corral was the 4th Panthers QB to play.

his stat line: 1/9 for 11 yds
    Has anyone checked on Joel?

Legend

User Info Menu

As Felt said before it doesn't matter at this point. People that revisit drafts generally look for the mistakes the Steelers made. Trust me, ever organization made draft day mistakes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Corral didn't do well. Howell was 9-16 for 145 yards. It how the QB's do tonight that has my interest.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.