Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: So how are the other drafted QB's doing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I can only speak for myself. I have never liked NE* because I feel their cheating ways may have possibly cost us another Lombardi trophy.

and the only reason I have ever defended Lamar Jackson is because of Steel Maniac's inability to admit LJ was going to be a total bust and flop in the NFL, which he obviously isn't yet Steel Maniac still posts "gloat gloat gloat" trying to pretend in his delusional mind that he was right.

yet Steel Maniac loved him some Baker Mayfield, who was the QB of our other divisional rival.

kind of a weird take by Steel Maniac, don't you think?
    He knows my stance is similar..

he’s just being intentionally obtuse, lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Let me admit up front... I would had a preference for Corral coming in. But, he aint a steeler, so guess who I'm rooting for
    As the draft fell, we could have had Corral in the third round. Who knows where Pickett would go if we didn't draft him . There is an article by Madden hinting that Pickett may not be ready for the first preseason game. I think he will get his feet wet with 1-4 possessions.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 08-09-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What is the purpose of this thread?? Is it an attempt to cause "buyers remorse" for beginning the KP8 era in Pittsburgh??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTazz864 View Post
    What is the purpose of this thread?? Is it an attempt to cause "buyers remorse" for beginning the KP8 era in Pittsburgh??
    Well, I'm for Pickett because he's a Steeler. Many people didn't want him though and he hasn't done much in camp. A few other QB's are off to better starts in their camps and Pickett played a lot of college ball.
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Well, I'm for Pickett because he's a Steeler. Many people didn't want him though and he hasn't done much in camp. A few other QB's are off to better starts in their camps and Pickett played a lot of college ball.
    define “better starts”

what are their stats? Where are the videos?

Which of these QB’s are starting week1?

You sure you aren’t just hearing 1 positive report about these other QB’s and embellishing to feed your negativity on the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    As the draft fell, we could have had Corral in the third round. Who knows where Pickett would go if we didn't draft him . There is an article by Madden hinting that Pickett may not be ready for the first preseason game. I think he will get his feet wet with 1-4 possessions.
    and if we got Corral I bet you would be jealous of the reporting on Pickett because all we have heard from these other QB’s is their potential to be good years from now.

Any QB we drafted would get raked over the coals by a guy like Madden and you would say the same exact thing about them while being envious of whatever team drafted Pickett.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and if we got Corral I bet you would be jealous of the reporting on Pickett because all we have heard from these other QB’s is their potential to be good years from now.

Any QB we drafted would get raked over the coals by a guy like Madden and you would say the same exact thing about them while being envious of whatever team drafted Pickett.
    Corral throws the ball into a bucket from 10 yards away with no defense. Does Pickett?

I rest my case.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    define ďbetter startsĒ

what are their stats? Where are the videos?

Which of these QBís are starting week1?

You sure you arenít just hearing 1 positive report about these other QBís and embellishing to feed your negativity on the Steelers?
    Not to spam the board but there is plenty on the web for the rookie QB's, not just one positive report. Some national reports. There new papers and message boards for teams too. If your are interested as I am check there, and report any news you deem relevant.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Corral throws the ball into a bucket from 10 yards away with no defense. Does Pickett?

I rest my case.
    They're other clips beside that. Here are lots of them. Be sure to scroll down.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ol...-rave-reviews/