Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Moats thinks Spillane playing over Bush could mean something in camp

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Moats thinks Spillane playing over Bush could mean something in camp

The offense needs a new QB, a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't look much into that. Could be anything. Coaches just looking to motivate Bush. Little showcase for Spillane. Let them all compete n best player gets the start. Neither may be starting game 1. One thing about depth charts they change in a heartbeat.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I wouldn't look much into that. Could be anything. Coaches just looking to motivate Bush. Little showcase for Spillane. Let them all compete n best player gets the start. Neither may be starting game 1. One thing about depth charts they change in a heartbeat.
    What's Robinson been up to?

https://www.steelers.com/news/five-f...-mark-robinson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll be at camp soon n keep an eye on the rook.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is getting reps with 1st team in camp, especially the first week is meaningless. This kind of stuff happens every year, you just don't know how much the starter is going to participate and what the teams plan is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Who is getting reps with 1st team in camp, especially the first week is meaningless. This kind of stuff happens every year, you just don't know how much the starter is going to participate and what the teams plan is.
    So all the starters don't get reps and with the first team in camp? The OL, Turbisky, Watt, the CB's, Heyward even Jack get all the time alone with the first team. After all its meaningless, right? No--Spillane playing with the #1's over Bush means something. Just like him playing over Bush and Bush being relegated to the bench at times last year means something. The coaches have Spillane in the with the ones and splitting time with Bush to get a good look at things. This is not the case with the others I have mentioned.
    The offense needs a new QB, a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    So all the starters don't get reps and with the first team in camp? The OL, Turbisky, Watt, the CB's, Heyward even Jack get all the time alone with the first team. After all its meaningless, right? No--Spillane playing with the #1's over Bush means something. Just like him playing over Bush and Bush being relegated to the bench at times last year means something. The coaches have Spillane in the with the ones and splitting time with Bush to get a good look at things. This is not the case with the others I have mentioned.
    Is that what I said?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Spillane may start hey may not start the point is camp just started, if someone gets reps this early in camp it doesn't mean they are going to start. Also I don't think you are correct that Jack is getting all first team reps by himself, I'm pretty sure Bush Spillane and Jack are rotating in with the first team. Even if Jack was getting all first team reps that doesn't mean he is playing the best. it is probably because he is new to the defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Camp starts on Monday. OTA's have ended and we'll all get a better look next week. It wont tell us everything but the picture gets clearer. Having only 3 pre-season games means all the more reason every rep counts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Camp starts on Monday. OTA's have ended and we'll all get a better look next week. It wont tell us everything but the picture gets clearer. Having only 3 pre-season games means all the more reason every rep counts.
    What happens on Monday?