Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Baker traded to Carolina

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Baker traded to Carolina

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...ditional-pick/

    No surprise there. Word has also been "leaked" that Watson not facing a long suspension. If I am the Panthers, why not? Nothing much risked to upgrade their pathetic QB position.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I'm not as savvy on trades, acquisitions and free agency as many here are, but this just seems like a steal for Carolina. They get an A-level quarterback at half his salary for a fourth round draft pick in 2024. That's it??? Isn't that something we could try to trade Rudolph for? I'm sure I'm missing something here, but this just seems absurdly one-sided for Carolina.

    Separately, I predict this all blows up on Cleveland. That's an easy prediction to make, since everything Cleveland does blows up on Cleveland, but I'll bet this one is no different. Watson is going to blow up - (1) he will either never get close to the performance some predict or hope for, or (2) he'll get in legal trouble or (3) he'll go full diva, bad-mouthing his team, demand a trade, etc., or all three. The Browns will have given away their franchise QB, and brought in a lesser QB who is also a disaster waiting to happen.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Sounds like a good deal for Carolina.

    Conditional 5th. They are paying Baker ~$5M (Cle is paying ~ $10M and Baker took a ~$3.5M pay cut).

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Sounds like a good deal for Carolina.

    Conditional 5th. They are paying Baker ~$5M (Cle is paying ~ $10M and Baker took a ~$3.5M pay cut).
    Haven't seen what they are, but supposedly Baker can make back that $3.5M if he hits certain incentives. Seems fair for him.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Best part…. Guess who Carolina opens with in week 1??
    None other than the Cleveland Browns

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609 View Post
    Best part…. Guess who Carolina opens with in week 1??
    None other than the Cleveland Browns
    I am not a Baker fan, but definitely would enjoy watching him beat the Brownies.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I am not a Baker fan, but definitely would enjoy watching him beat the Brownies.
    It would be so, so very Cleveland like.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Haven't seen what they are, but supposedly Baker can make back that $3.5M if he hits certain incentives. Seems fair for him.
    That makes sense. Thanks Ghost!

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I'm not as savvy on trades, acquisitions and free agency as many here are, but this just seems like a steal for Carolina. They get an A-level quarterback at half his salary for a fourth round draft pick in 2024. That's it??? Isn't that something we could try to trade Rudolph for? I'm sure I'm missing something here, but this just seems absurdly one-sided for Carolina.

    Separately, I predict this all blows up on Cleveland. That's an easy prediction to make, since everything Cleveland does blows up on Cleveland, but I'll bet this one is no different. Watson is going to blow up - (1) he will either never get close to the performance some predict or hope for, or (2) he'll get in legal trouble or (3) he'll go full diva, bad-mouthing his team, demand a trade, etc., or all three. The Browns will have given away their franchise QB, and brought in a lesser QB who is also a disaster waiting to happen.
    Baker is A level now?

    Dude is meh.. sounds like Carolina got a slightly better Sam Darnold.

    I wonder what this means Matt Corral is a project that will take a while to develop.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Would love to see Carolina go to the SB with Baker just because.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •