Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players unhappy with Canada's system?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Players unhappy with Canada's system?

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/06/du...calls-in-2021/

This is the 1st I heard of this. They better snip this is the bud are we are in deep trouble.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/06/du...calls-in-2021/

This is the 1st I heard of this. They better snip this is the bud are we are in deep trouble.
    Dulac has been wrong on a few things lately but I don't see a reason for him making this up. I don't know who his source is but it's not out of the question they had some doubters on offense. When I saw pulling left and right guards collide into each other on a play last season I knew we were in trouble. I can be patient.... to a point. Lotta young players and moving pieces last season. But if the offense isn't noticeably better this season then Canada might not make it to the end of his contract. Tomlin has fired better OCs.

Legend

User Info Menu

The players know. Canada was atrocious last season. No way you can blame all his shortcomings on Ben's shortcomings. You have to run what works for the players you have, not the players you wish you had. The offense was awful, especially early on in games, which is a big indicator that your OC sucks. If it hadn't been for Ben taking over games and pulling a few out at the end, we'd have been looking at about a 4-win season in 2021.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dulac has been wrong on a few things lately but I don't see a reason for him making this up. I don't know who his source is but it's not out of the question they had some doubters on offense. When I saw pulling left and right guards collide into each other on a play last season I knew we were in trouble. I can be patient.... to a point. Lotta young players and moving pieces last season. But if the offense isn't noticeably better this season then Canada might not make it to the end of his contract. Tomlin has fired better OCs.
    Unfortunately, he now has the "but the QBs are all new to his system" as the ready-made excuse card. He had the "but Ben's body is trashed" excuse last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The players know. Canada was atrocious last season. No way you can blame all his shortcomings on Ben's shortcomings. You have to run what works for the players you have, not the players you wish you had. The offense was awful, especially early on in games, which is a big indicator that your OC sucks. If it hadn't been for Ben taking over games and pulling a few out at the end, we'd have been looking at about a 4-win season in 2021.
    4 is about right. He won 7 in the final quarter, right? 9 total wins.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if players is code for Ben.. lol.

My biggest gripe is the OL was trying to do too much. Some of those pulls were down right comical.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder if players is code for Ben.. lol.

paging capt lemming.
    Another negative post about the Steelers HOF qb you probably “ never would have noticed”
    wink wink

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    paging capt lemming.
    Another negative post about the Steelers HOF qb you probably “ never would have noticed”
    wink wink
    lighten up Francis.. lol
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No players have actually SEEN Canada's system... It's designed for a QB who is more mobile than the one that started for Pittsburgh last season....

Anyone calls me Francis... I'll keelya....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I blame Canada for the offense we had last year, and I blame Tomlin for hiring him. The only player he enhanced with hid offense was Johnson for throwing it short to him only to watch him do little.

He had a crap OL granted, but his offensive play calling lacked imitation, was predictable, and frankly sucked.
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTazz864 View Post
    No players have actually SEEN Canada's system... It's designed for a QB who is more mobile than the one that started for Pittsburgh last season....

Anyone calls me Francis... I'll keelya....

Psycho!
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.