Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this O-Line going to be much better than last year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    PFF ranks our OL near the bottom of the league:

30. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Projected Starting Lineup

LT: Dan Moore Jr.
    LG: Kevin Dotson
    C: Mason Cole
    RG: James Daniels
    RT: Chukwuma Okorafor

The Steelers do at least have a solid guard duo along with some youth that should improve. That being said, the bar was so low a year ago that a huge leap for 2022 seems unrealistic. Not a single one of Pittsburgh's returning offensive line starters earned an overall grade over 65.0 in 2021.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...ngs-tiers-2022

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/06/re...onal-rankings/
    These preseason rankings are stupid. We replaced 40% of the OL with experienced starters but no change. That not even logical

Imo we will be better because defense won't be bunching up on the LOS because Trubisky will be able to burn them like old Ben no longer could
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    These preseason rankings are stupid. We replaced 40% of the OL with experienced starters but no change. That not even logical

Imo we will be better because defense won't be bunching up on the LOS because Trubisky will be able to burn them like old Ben no longer could
    Absolutely right. It was well known that we were the "Easiest team on the schedule to prepare for"..
    Hopefully that changes this year... or else itll be time for a new OC

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Absolutely right. It was well known that we were the "Easiest team on the schedule to prepare for"..
    Hopefully that changes this year... or else itll be time for a new OC
    That's what Rooney pays Tomlin to do. Please forgive me if this somehow suggests that I'm a racist !

Legend

User Info Menu

Well yes and no. That doesn't count in the fact that other teams have also added a year of experience and even drafted talent. On an absolute basis the OL may be better but on a relative basis to the rest of the league it might not change.
    And can Trubisky make the OL look as good as a fastpitch Roethlisberger?
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 06-25-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Even better, let's go spot by spot

LT: A second year player should progress beyond his first year.
    LG: Hopefully a full season out of a third year Dotson will work out better than 5 different players manning the position.
    C: Weakest position last season as a rookie guard started and failed miserably. He is one of those replaced.
    RG: A weak, coming off of injury, late addition last season is now replaced by a legit FA signing.
    RT: At the very least should be slightly improved but same guy returning. Sadly may have been the Steelers best OL last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Even better, let's go spot by spot

LT: A second year player should progress beyond his first year.
    LG: Hopefully a full season out of a third year Dotson will work out better than 5 different players manning the position.
    C: Weakest position last season as a rookie guard started and failed miserably. He is one of those replaced.
    RG: A weak, coming off of injury, late addition last season is now replaced by a legit FA signing.
    RT: At the very least should be slightly improved but same guy returning. Sadly may have been the Steelers best OL last season.
    I think not having Kendrick Green laying on the ground a couple of yards behind the line of scrimmage on virtually every play will make our OL much better right away.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think not having Kendrick Green laying on the ground a couple of yards behind the line of scrimmage on virtually every play will make our OL much better right away.
    Hey hawaiian don't sell him short. He was a great tripping hazard

Legend

User Info Menu

should we consider bringing back Zach Banner?

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/06/di...t-zach-banner/

Legend

User Info Menu

I think any NFL-caliber player is worth brining to camp at around the minimum.

I think he'd at least push someone in camp if he's healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

No thanks. We need upgrades, not also-rans. Banner had a prime chance last season when Okorafor struggled. He couldn't crack the lineup.