Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 444

Thread: Is this O-Line going to be much better than last year?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Is this O-Line going to be much better than last year?

    O-line (according to OTAs)

    Here was the O-line depth chart from OTAs:

    LT: Moore
    LG: Dotson … Green
    C: Cole
    RG: Daniels … Green
    RT: Chuks

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Cole and Daniels will be upgrades, hopefully Dotson's healthy and Moore has a 2nd year jump.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Cole and Daniels will be upgrades, hopefully Dotson's healthy and Moore has a 2nd year jump.
    Unless I mistaken this will be Dotson's third year. Better than last year, yes. We still need to find a better RT, a rock a center, and a new LG. Hopefully Moore pan's out.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Unless I mistaken this will be Dotson's third year. Better than last year, yes. We still need to find a better RT, a rock a center, and a new LG. Hopefully Moore pan's out.
    Dotson was hurt last year.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Dotson was hurt last year.
    Exactly. This OL will be better.. but I guess "Better" is a relative term...

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Exactly. This OL will be better.. but I guess "Better" is a relative term...
    Bingo.....
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Exactly. This OL will be better.. but I guess "Better" is a relative term...
    They were about 1.5 out of 10 last year. This year, maybe a 3.5 out of 10. Not even average but better.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The line will almost definitely be better next year because there was a perfect storm of factors that made last year's line one of the worst we have ever seen:

    Rookie LT
    Revolving door LG
    Rookie project at C
    August signee coming off of injury at RG
    The lone holdover playing out of position at RT who got the job through injury a second year in a row

    How much better depends on a bunch of things, but it should be better.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The line will almost definitely be better next year because there was a perfect storm of factors that made last year's line one of the worst we have ever seen:

    Rookie LT
    Revolving door LG
    Rookie project at C
    August signee coming off of injury at RG
    The lone holdover playing out of position at RT who got the job through injury a second year in a row

    How much better depends on a bunch of things, but it should be better.
    Agree. They added talent and young guys got more experience. None of these guys are without talent. In addition, the opposing defensive lines aren't going to be able to tee off going after a statue at QB. Just introducing designed roll outs will make a difference
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    TJ Watt Notices Bigger And Heavier Kendrick Green

    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/tj...endrick-green/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •