Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 402

Thread: OT - The Early DeSean Watson Cleveland Browns NFL Suspension Line

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    OT - The Early DeSean Watson Cleveland Browns NFL Suspension Line

    As a 66-year "On The Wagon Gambling Degenerate"
    I'm guessing at least half the 2022-23 season after
    one of the accusers detailed the story on HBO.
    They don't pay The Roge gazillions a year for nothing

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/may/24/deshaun-watson-accusers-hbo-interview

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I say 9 to be reduced to 6...9 is more than half the season so it gives appearance of severity but it is really a joke for what Watson did. Spare me the he was never convicted. If the "where there is smoke there is fire" mean anything, this is a California size wild fire.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I say 9 to be reduced to 6...9 is more than half the season so it gives appearance of severity but it is really a joke for what Watson did. Spare me the he was never convicted. If the "where there is smoke there is fire" mean anything, this is a California size wild fire.
    Pretty much. Probably the Texas incident will be old news along with Moms For Gun Control by the time the investigation winds down. Time is always on the Perp's side.

    https://youtu.be/jOxHsuV83KA

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If the NFL wants his suspension to hit his pocket book, they'd delay the decision until next season. Let him play this year while his salary is next to nothing and wait to suspend him until it will cost him in future years.

    I really have no clue what he did/didn't do. Just suggesting the Browns tried to game the system by keeping his money low initially so the impact of a suspension is negligible. So the NFL may want to game his contract game.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If the NFL wants his suspension to hit his pocket book, they'd delay the decision until next season. Let him play this year while his salary is next to nothing and wait to suspend him until it will cost him in future years.

    I really have no clue what he did/didn't do. Just suggesting the Browns tried to game the system by keeping his money low initially so the impact of a suspension is negligible. So the NFL may want to game his contract game.
    ^^^This^^

    not much of a penalty for Watson (or the stupid CLE Browns) if the suspension is this season.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If the NFL wants his suspension to hit his pocket book, they'd delay the decision until next season. Let him play this year while his salary is next to nothing and wait to suspend him until it will cost him in future years.

    I really have no clue what he did/didn't do. Just suggesting the Browns tried to game the system by keeping his money low initially so the impact of a suspension is negligible. So the NFL may want to game his contract game.
    I heard one report (maybe from the Ramon Foster show?) that the league could treat it like a recent MLB suspension and look at all 22 incidents as separate events and suspend him for 2 years or more given the repeat nature of the violations. I can't see them being that strict because it's the NFL and he's a marquee player.

    But I think it's ridiculous that the league allowed the Browns to circumvent discipline with the contract they signed. I wonder if they will do something to get around that.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Let’s see how this goes ….when Ben was in this situation it was all, ‘the girls are lying, looking for a payday, no criminal charges, no actual evidence and The nfl shouldn’t suspend him.’
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Let’s see how this goes ….when Ben was in this situation it was all, ‘the girls are lying, looking for a payday, no criminal charges, no actual evidence and The nfl shouldn’t suspend him.’
    Not all of us were in that boat.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Not all of us were in that boat.
    Myself included. After the 2nd incident, I wanted him gone. Until I read the details of both cases. Then I just believed he deserved some harsh punishment to wake him up. He was acting like an entitled idiot. And in his case, it finally worked and he did some growing up.

    But 22 accusations is on another level. Like with Ben, I don't believe there was ever a forcible rape or anything violent. But you can't have this many accusations of inappropriate behavior without some severe punishment. Even if 3/4 of these women made it up for a pay day, that's still a lot of inapproriate behavior. Time to take your punishment and grow up a little. And with the contract he signed, I think they need to find a way to make it hurt financially.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I say 9 to be reduced to 6...9 is more than half the season so it gives appearance of severity but it is really a joke for what Watson did. Spare me the he was never convicted. If the "where there is smoke there is fire" mean anything, this is a California size wild fire.
    He wasn't only not convicted, he was never charged. Big difference. Cops reviewed evidence and knew there wasn't enough there to bother to even try him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •