Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about the Stillers [sic] sign FA Eric Fisher to give Dan Moore a year to grow up?

Starter

User Info Menu

How about the Stillers [sic] sign FA Eric Fisher to give Dan Moore a year to grow up?

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/4/...lt-eric-fisher
    Steeler run game goes from 2022's dead last to maybe top 10? Hey, it's the off season and Rooney's dough. And being a 24/7 wise ass, geriatric, Left Coast Stand Up Lifer can get damn tiresome too. Cheers!
    Last edited by papillon; 05-17-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not the Steelers MO. They like to sign young FAs at the end of their first contract or near the beginning of their second. Ref. Cole, Daniels, Jack....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not the Steelers MO. They like to sign young FAs at the end of their first contract or near the beginning of their second. Ref. Cole, Daniels, Jack....
    They do both. The last two years they signed Stefan Wisniewski and Trai Turner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    They do both. The last two years they signed Stefan Wisniewski and Trai Turner.
    Turner was a last minute FA add when DeCastro was cut. He wasn't a building block. Wis was signed as a backup. Fisher would be the oldest starter on the line for a team that is building for the future. I don't see the Steelers making that move (barring injury).

Legend

User Info Menu

Not opposed to signing a veteran FA, just make sure you're not bringing in another "hostage"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't oppose bringing ANY blue chip OT into the fold. They've been pursuing OTs with only a bargain bin mentality in mind, including in the draft. Ever notice what DVDs are in the bargain bin at Target? "Striptease," "Glitter," "Showgirls," "From Justin to Kelly." That's who are OTs are. Our starters are backups and our backups are practice squad players, IF that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I don't oppose bringing ANY blue chip OT into the fold. They've been pursuing OTs with only a bargain bin mentality in mind, including in the draft. Ever notice what DVDs are in the bargain bin at Target? "Striptease," "Glitter," "Showgirls," "From Justin to Kelly." That's who are OTs are. Our starters are backups and our backups are practice squad players, IF that.
    Bargain hunting OL in the draft. It is interesting that teams considered to have good/great OLs spend it in FA rather than the draft for the most part;

Note; F-S value is the draft pick position value as defined by https://overthecap.com/draft-trade-value-chart/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Bargain hunting OL in the draft. It is interesting that teams considered to have good/great OLs spend it in FA rather than the draft for the most part;

Note; F-S value is the draft pick position value as defined by https://overthecap.com/draft-trade-value-chart/
    GB spends draft capital on the OL and always has a solid one. Our big FA moves was signing some "OK" IOL and that's it. Nothing on OTs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post
    https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/4/...lt-eric-fisher
    Steeler run game goes from 2022's dead last to maybe top 10? Hey, it's the off season and Rooney's dough. And being a 24/7 wise ass, geriatric, Left Coast Stand Up Lifer can get damn tiresome too. Cheers!
    Age ...31, ACHILLES in caps, he isn't going to come cheap. Based on that I'm not a buyer. Besides Moore should be better in year 2. He was not all that but he wasn't bad considering he was on the left side. He was often enough left without help against top rushers so you know the team has some confidence in him.
    His ability to ride guys by turning the arc I thought was good for a rook. He did not get bull rushed much. Run blocking I'd like to see him stay on blocks longer but he just may need another year in the weight room. For where we drafted him I thought we got good value.