Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Delusional Tomlin: RBs are "young and capable"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Delusional Tomlin: RBs are "young and capable"

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/to...behind-harris/

He was referencing the RBs behind Harris and called them "young and capable." Well, I don't know about you, but I have a different definition for "capable" than Shade has. In this article it mentions that Snell is 87th out of 90 RBs who rushed 200 times in that spell for avg. per carry....and that's "capable" in Shades' mind. 87 out of 90. And to make matters worse, his partner at backup, McFarland, is even less productive in that span. But he's also "capable." Got to love those MD pick ups.

If we head into 2022 with those 2 as our back up RBs, we aren't even trying to be successful, seriously. Loco.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/to...behind-harris/

He was referencing the RBs behind Harris and called them "young and capable." Well, I don't know about you, but I have a different definition for "capable" than Shade has. In this article it mentions that Snell is 87th out of 90 RBs who rushed 200 times in that spell for avg. per carry....and that's "capable" in Shades' mind. 87 out of 90. And to make matters worse, his partner at backup, McFarland, is even less productive in that span. But he's also "capable." Got to love those MD pick ups.

If we head into 2022 with those 2 as our back up RBs, we aren't even trying to be successful, seriously. Loco.
    Dude this is classic "coachspeak". What is he supposed to say, "if Najee goes down we are doomed?"

The job is to instill a measure of confidence YET push his guys to get better. Look below at how he does that:

Tomlin said, "how they fair against competition here and MAYBE NOT HERE will define their roles".

Tells me the very opposite of your concern. He wants to bring in competition if the right one becomes available.

I predict right now we are going to bring in a legit veteran free agent.

(BTW, really like the rookie free agents we got. Would not surprise if one of those guys is the answer)
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-22-2022 at 01:57 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

Tomlin is totally delusional in his assessment of Najee's backups. Snell and McFarland are terrible, and they will be never be trusted NFLers. I'm especially disappointed in McFarland. He looked terrific at times in college most especially in that Ohio State game when he gashed that defense. I don't know whether he's just a lazy player or not but I got tired of him being tackled by the grass on every carry. This is one evaluation I really messed up on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin likes to run the wheels off the primary RB. But it's not just Tomlin, Cowher did the same thing when he had the workhorse back.

2006 - Parker - 337 carries
    2000 - Bettis - 355 carries
    1997 - Bettis - an incredible 375 carries

But Cowher's all time record for RB abuse;

1992 - Foster - a jaw-dropping 390 carries

Most rushes under Tomlin by a single back;

2010 - Spindenhall - 324 carries

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dude this is classic "coachspeak". What is he supposed to say, "if Najee goes down we are doomed?"

The job is to instill a measure of confidence YET push his guys to get better. Look below at how he does that:

Tomlin said, "how they fair against competition here and MAYBE NOT HERE will define their roles".

Tells me the very opposite of your concern. He wants to bring in competition if the right one becomes available.

I predict right now we are going to bring in a legit veteran free agent.

(BTW, really like the rookie free agents we got. Would not surprise if one of those guys is the answer)
    Don't try to use rational thought on a moron
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What is with the name calling? Whisper only stated an opinion on the RBs and didn't attack you in any way. Why do you have to be such a jerk to posters with a different view? Tolerance my friend, NOT intolerance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's a little over the top Ovi. And I share whisper's concern over the backup RBs on this team. And like Lemming says, I expect a vet signing before the season begins (at least I hope so). One of the best backups in the Tomlin era was DWilliams backing up Bell. People thought he was spent after 10 yrs but he almost had a 1000 yds rushing with PIT. The RB class this year was uninspiring so a lot of teams may hang on to what they got. It's tough to say if any decent ones will come free after cutdowns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    What is with the name calling? Whisper only stated an opinion on the RBs and didn't attack you in any way. Why do you have to be such a jerk to posters with a different view? Tolerance my friend, NOT intolerance.
    Tolerance?
    Watch yourself Prowler.
    That is sounding mighty "woke" of you.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tolerance?
    Watch yourself Prowler.
    That is sounding mighty "woke" of you.
    What can I say I'm all for being a jerk, if someone is a jerk first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone think there’s a chance we use Heyward as a ball carrier?