Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Haven't Seen the Real Canada Offense

Legend

User Info Menu

We Haven't Seen the Real Canada Offense

A long podcast by Chris Carter and Josh Taylor chime in on the coming season outlook on offense.

• "Canada's offense got derailed when Roethlisberger decided to return for one more season"
    • Canada's 2017 offense at Pitt was the blueprint for KC's offense via Brad Childress as KC's OC after drafting Mahomes.
    • Too much jet motion? "All the top teams do it... a lot. Rams, SF, KC, GB, BUF...."
    • "Shanahan based offense... all these teams are starting to do it."
    • Need an accurate QB for this type of offense
    • "If you told me then that the Steelers wouldn't draft a single offensive lineman I would call you crazy"
    • Tyrell Crosby at OT?.....a move that "fits the Steelers MO", a cheap capable signing

Legend

User Info Menu

I sure hope we haven't seen the "real" Canada offense, because what we've seen under his tenure, up till now

SUCKS!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I sure hope we haven't seen the "real" Canada offense, because what we've seen under his tenure, up till now

SUCKS!!!
    There is a reason most NFL players retire before they are 36.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-08-2022 at 11:30 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

SUCKS!!!
    Not to mention, the only time the O moved at all was when Ben called the plays. The 1st three quarters were beyond anemic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Matt Canada the kind of coach who learns from his mistakes?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ordinator-news

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Not to mention, the only time the O moved at all was when Ben called the plays. The 1st three quarters were beyond anemic.
    yeah.. but one has to winder if Ben
    simply refused to go downfield in Canada’s offense. There were times guys were open or downfield and he chose DJ early and often.

We shall see soon enough
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

So he wasn't allowed to audible in the first 3 qtrs? And I suppose Canada was responsible for Roethlisberger's 62% completion rate in the first 3 qtrs, and then suddenly Roethlisberger was more accurate in the 4th qtr (71%)? Or is it more likely that opponents were ahead and didn't play as tight on defense as in the first three qtrs?

None of this will get settled until we see what Canada brings to the table with a new QB. There will always be questions of OC vs QB effect until one changes.

Starter

User Info Menu

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yeah.. but one has to winder if Ben
    simply refused to go downfield in Canadaís offense. There were times guys were open or downfield and he chose DJ early and often.

We shall see soon enough
    Josh T. seems to be a straight shooter and Ben was collecting a 2021
    Steeler Employee $14-million Award for Long, Faithful Service, so maybe...
    Last edited by Bawb the Revelator; 05-16-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that kinda is the point. Old Ben does not fit Canada's offense. Therefore, Ben is better doing his own thing in the 4th.

Hopefully, with players who are aquire with the right skill set, we will see what it can do.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some of these comeback wins and 4Q drives were less than spectacular. 4 and 5 yard FG drives vs. Tenn after turnovers, a go-ahead 40-yard FG drive vs. Seattle that featured mostly Najee, an early 4Q TD vs. Cleveland to cap a 15-point game, couple of FG drives vs. the awful Bears.

A lot of this was the same offense against teams playing back, trying to prevent the big play. Ben wasn't exactly channeling vintage Elway or Montana and carving up defenses.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 05-17-2022 at 07:20 AM.