Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Ingram -- Man in Demand

Legend

User Info Menu

Melvin Ingram -- Man in Demand

Fins going to sign him; will have to dish out at least $4.4 mil per for his services

Chiefs had tendered him, so will get a comp pick

Too bad we couldn't have gotten a comp pick out of him ... but then, we'd have had to hold him hostage for the rest of the season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Fins going to sign him; will have to dish out at least $4.4 mil per for his services

Too bad we couldn't have gotten a comp pick out of him ... but then, we'd have had to hold him hostage for the rest of the season
    we got a 6th rounder for him, so we essentially traded Ingram for Connor Heyward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we got a 6th rounder for him, so we essentially traded Ingram for Connor Heyward.
    golf clap. clap, clap

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    golf clap. clap, clap
    That looked like a pot stir moment designed to wake you up.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's just hope Myles Jack doesn't utter a single complaint if he comes off the field in dime, otherwise we might have another "hostage situation" on our hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Let's just hope Myles Jack doesn't utter a single complaint if he comes off the field in dime, otherwise we might have another "hostage situation" on our hands.
    I'm sure that Jack already realizes that an ILB typically comes off the field in dime. Then again, Ingram should have realized that a backup OLB receives backup snaps. I think that one of the telling things about Ingram is that a guy who supposedly transformed the KC D was still available for a song this late in FA.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'm sure that Jack already realizes that an ILB typically comes off the field in dime. Then again, Ingram should have realized that a backup OLB receives backup snaps. I think that one of the telling things about Ingram is that a guy who supposedly transformed the KC D was still available for a song this late in FA.
    You would think KC would retain him if he was that important to their D.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You would think KC would retain him if he was that important to their D.
    Well they did tender him. Is that how you retain your transformational players?

Legend

User Info Menu

They obviously didn't think anyone would give up >$4.4 million for an ex-hostage

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

What did the Chiefs "tender" to Ingram? He wasn't a franchise or transition player. Nor was he an RFA.

The Chiefs won't get a comp pick because he signed so late in the process.