Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Jackson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ravens owner is on record stating he thought about firing Hairball in 2017.

Not sure how anyone can state the Ravens were trending up simply because they won 9 games and missed the playoffs for the 3rd straight year and only made the playoff’s 1 time those last 5 years since the SB won.

Harbaugh is on the hot seat in a season that is now being viewed as playoffs-or-bust. Rapoport also added that there's some serious frustration with the direction of the team: The Ravens have lost three of four games since shooting out to a 3-1 start this season. That 1-3 stretch included a loss to the Browns who were being coached by a guy (Hue Jackson) who doesn't even have a job anymore. The idea of firing Harbaugh would have sounded preposterous just five years ago and that's because the Ravens were coming off a Super Bowl win in 2012. However, in the five seasons since then, the Ravens have made the playoffs just once.
    Things have been so bad lately that Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti actually thought about firing Harbaugh at the end of last season (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-owner-considered-firing-john-harbaugh-refuses-to-issue-2018-ultimatum/).
    "It was certainly a consideration, but not one that I was inclined to make this year," Bisciotti said back in February. "Certainly, it was a thought."
    I guess their owner doesn’t accept 9-7 or 8-8 seasons and the claim of non losing seasons.

damn. The Steeler’s owners should take note

right?
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 06-24-2022 at 07:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Why?
    If it just was an easy stretch, they would do just as well with QB who already won a SB why change? Why move up to draft a QB when your QB play is fine?

This is the deal. "I" am on record as not liking Lamar as a prospect. I have wavered him and thought in 2020 I was wrong. Now frankly, I'm not sure either way. I generally think QBs who's legs are their best attribute almost always have playoff level success. They win more than they lose. They DONT tend to win championships.
    I said that and argued that point with Dizz when he was drafted.

So I am a middle ground.

Lamarr ABSOLUTELY is integral to the Ravens success. They are better than they otherwise would be. Run 1st types almost ALWAYS are able to lead teams to the playoffs. That is history.

However, I doubt based on the history I don't think he will ever win it all unless he can "pass" like he did before even when teams take away the middle, which people know now is what he likes.
    Because Flacco was just about done and carried a high salary.
    something youíve heard about this teamÖ no?
    im not sure why they put him in at that point. Ask the raven fans on here

they moved up for Jackson?
    oh I guess you can say that even though they passed on drafting him 3 times earlier in the first round. Lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Remember Slapstick?

He and I were DEFENDING Tomlin and the franchise and I guess that was against the rules at the time.

so we were banned.

I would say more but I would probably get banned again.

Iíll inbox you the details
    I got temp suspended around that same time, and I never ever broke a rule. I expressed my disappointment with obscene talk and was suspended. It was a brief warning to shut my trap.

I left the forum entirely in disgust, but eventually came back.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

Remember Slapstick?

He and I were DEFENDING Tomlin and the franchise and I guess that was against the rules at the time.

so we were banned.

I would say more but I would probably get banned again.

Iíll inbox you the details
    You were likely banned for calling all the posters racist because they thought Tomlin was a bad coach. It's the way your small mind works. Truth be damned!
    Steel Mafia wrote: "I would gladly welcome 25 Cartel associates and/or 15 Syrian terrorists with open arms

feltdizz on justifying Cameron Heyward's lies: "Cam is a leader, he just has a tendency to try and speak things into existence".

Shawn's RACIST narrative, "All black players are either run first, perverts or unable to handle the position cognitively".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I guess their owner doesn’t accept 9-7 or 8-8 seasons and the claim of non losing seasons.

damn. The Steeler’s owners should take note

right?
    Right.
    And believe me the Steelers HAVE taken note.

The Ravens DID NOT in fact act with knee jerk emotion like FANS WANTED.

In retrospect, firing Harbaugh would have been a mistake for them. Very dumb.

Instead of foolishly firing their coach..... they drafted a quarterback.

And look at what we just did.

Smart people LEARN from others. The Rooneys are CLEARLY smarter than this fan base.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-25-2022 at 01:52 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Because Flacco was just about done and carried a high salary.
    something you’ve heard about this team… no?
    im not sure why they put him in at that point. Ask the raven fans on here

they moved up for Jackson?
    oh I guess you can say that even though they passed on drafting him 3 times earlier in the first round. Lol
    That's what you do when you read the room accurately.

If they can get all three... why NOT

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    That's what you do when you read the room accurately.

If they can get all three... why NOT
    read the room accurately. Oh man. Lolololol.

try they didn’t care if someone went up and grabbed him.

if they were sooo in love with him. Why risk it?

Legend

User Info Menu

read the room accurately. Oh man. Lolololol.

try they didn’t care if someone went up and grabbed him.

if they were sooo in love with him. Why risk it?
    yep… it worked out so they look like they knew what they were doing.

The Stains were notorious for double dipping in the first and drafting a QB at the back end of the first round and it never worked out for them.

Did anyone ever say the Ravens were soooooo in love with Lamar or did you make that part up? lol
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-27-2022 at 09:24 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Lots of ravens fans do.

not you closet types. Real raven fans