Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Claypool need glasses?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does Claypool need glasses?

I'm serious, do they check eyesight in the NFL? Watched Bears game from last season; he doesn't seem to see the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's more of a body-catcher, not a hands catcher. It's why he doesn't seem to go up and just take balls away even though he has the frame to do it. If Pickens stays healthy, Claypool is going to net us a handsome reward via trade....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Legend

User Info Menu

There were a couple of things he did that made me think he might need a brain transplant

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So, if he needs glasses, a brain transplant and can't make the contested catches, how is he going to net us anything of value in trade?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    So, if he needs glasses, a brain transplant and can't make the contested catches, how is he going to net us anything of value in trade?
    because people blame in on Ben's age - he has some highlight catches that make you think otherwise. And this year, they'll blame in on sub-par QBs as well
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    He's more of a body-catcher, not a hands catcher. It's why he doesn't seem to go up and just take balls away even though he has the frame to do it. If Pickens stays healthy, Claypool is going to net us a handsome reward via trade....
    Well with Johnson's ( let him walk ) contact due next year we cannot afford to trade Claypool. He can be the man this year. We have him for cheap 2 more years. Let him play, and I hope Pickens proves he worthy of be a #1 WR. I think the new QB will help him. Ben's arm was toast last season and the 5 yard passes on 2nd or 3rd limited his impact.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    59 grabs, 860 yds, 2 TDs....not that handsome of a trade if he keeps playing like he did in 2021. A 5th rounder maybe?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There were a couple of things he did that made me think he might need a brain transplant
    That stunt he pulled in MN was one of them. You know, his rookie year, he seemed like such a good guy and competitor, hard worker, all that. And by his second season, he seemed to become entitled, arrogant, trending towards diva. What happened? I thought Cool Shades had the team under control and mostly avoided allowing such attitudes to brew on the team. I know the Bell and AB fiascos happened on his watch, but....Tomlin needs to get on this trend. Nip it in the bud. Stop being a "buddy buddy" coach all the time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I'm serious, do they check eyesight in the NFL? Watched Bears game from last season; he doesn't seem to see the ball.
    Its not that, the problem was Bens arm was shot and Claypool was to fast, so to compensate Ben would Throw it real early and real high, this made it hard to turn and locate the ball, which is why Claypool always seemed to mistime the jump.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Its not that, the problem was Bens arm was shot and Claypool was to fast, so to compensate Ben would Throw it real early and real high, this made it hard to turn and locate the ball, which is why Claypool always seemed to mistime the jump.
    Yes, Ben's arm was mostly shot in 2021. But there were a lot of passes that were on the $ that CC simply didn't come down with, because there was a defender contesting the ball. They call those "50-50" balls, but with CC they were like "5-95" balls.