Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flores comments on 7th round ILB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Flores comments on 7th round ILB

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...draft-ole-miss

He's all about players with willingness to improve. He stated that several times.

Maybe they found a diamond in the rough with this kid; we sure could use some lucky breaks when it comes to draft picks. Robinson has Flores written all over him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope he's a special teams demon and makes the team, that's the only way he'll ever have a chance to get snaps at LB. Once he's on the team then he can learn how to be an NFL linebacker. I always pull for the underdog, particularly when he's a Steeler.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking of Flores.. if he can get Devin Bush "Right" .. and develop Buddy Johnson into a solid NFL ILB.. he will have been well worth the hire

Starter

User Info Menu

My prediction is Robinson won't even make it to the final cuts. He sucks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    My prediction is Robinson won't even make it to the final cuts. He sucks.
    he's only played LB for one year.

seems like a perfect candidate for the practice squad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude put up 34 reps on top of his 92 tackles in his only year of playing linebacker in the SEC. Those two data points intrigue me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Dude put up 34 reps on top of his 92 tackles in his only year of playing linebacker in the SEC. Those two data points intrigue me.
    I'm hoping Flores can get this guy up to snuff. We are due for some good fortune.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

other than Buddy, the only buck LB on the roster

better hope one of the two pans out, or we get a FA to man the position this season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Yea.. both are impressive. 34 reps is elite

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Speaking of Flores.. if he can get Devin Bush "Right" .. and develop Buddy Johnson into a solid NFL ILB.. he will have been well worth the hire
    Flores needs to metabolize and stay fit to be a moral certainty to be Tomlin's
    eventual successor. Predictions like mine are like predicting sunrise and sunset