Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Ben had 7 game winning drives last year.

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Ben was bottom tier last year. His lack of mobility and vertical accuracy severely limited our playbook... and made us one of the easiest teams in the league to game plan against.

    Our roster should be better this year from top to bottom...
    Which may not translate to wins given the strength of our division..

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    That's all but 2 wins. Wowzie. We better not screw around in games next year for 3 quarters a game. We won't have Ben to save us.
    And we won’t have Ben to put us behind after 3 Qs every game either.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And we won’t have Ben to put us behind after 3 Qs every game either.
    Hmmm, some question the offensive calls given for the 1st three quarters as to what led to the deficit all those games.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Hmmm, some question the offensive calls given for the 1st three quarters as to what led to the deficit all those games.
    Excellent point.. and the million dollar question is.. why? Was it due to Ben's limitations... Canada's ineptitude, or a combination of both?

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    HOF QB can check out of play calls, or progress past his first read. He often threw short of the sticks on 3rd down when other receivers were open or breaking open past them.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ben was bottom tier last year. His lack of mobility and vertical accuracy severely limited our playbook... and made us one of the easiest teams in the league to game plan against.

    Our roster should be better this year from top to bottom...
    Which may not translate to wins given the strength of our division..
    Dunno. His arm looked plenty strong enough on these throws;


  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RoetBe00.htm

    Ben had 7 game winning drives last year, which are 4th quarter drives that put us ahead for good, and 6 4th quarter comebacks.
    Wish he could have come up with 4 more.

    We were blessed to have Ben as QB for all those years, and even though some aspects of his play deteriorated the last couple of seasons, he was still a winning QB.

    He will be missed.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    HOF QB can check out of play calls, or progress past his first read. He often threw short of the sticks on 3rd down when other receivers were open or breaking open past them.
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who saw this.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ben was bottom tier last year. His lack of mobility and vertical accuracy severely limited our playbook... and made us one of the easiest teams in the league to game plan against.

    Our roster should be better this year from top to bottom...
    Which may not translate to wins given the strength of our division..
    Well said, and Canada deserves a D. He could have at least try to spread the field forcing the defense to rush 4, but he didn't. Instead the offense bottled up the way the defense played us, giving them an extra defender on the run, and an extra man to blitz with. Its not like the safeties were forced to play 2 man deep often!
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Well said, and Canada deserves a D. He could have at least try to spread the field forcing the defense to rush 4, but he didn't. Instead the offense bottled up the way the defense played us, giving them an extra defender on the run, and an extra man to blitz with. Its not like the safeties were forced to play 2 man deep often!
    This is what concerns me about Canada.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •