Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Dotson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kevin Dotson

Is he a keeper after 4 years or does he need to be replaced and upgraded? When he went out the backups did just as well. I say we need better. Thoughts?
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Is he a keeper after 4 years or does he need to be replaced and upgraded? When he went out the backups did just as well. I say we need better. Thoughts?

Keeper....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When he was drafted many people claimed he was the best OG in the draft. I wasn't so sure, as a matter of fact I expressed my doubts that such a late pick was the best at his position. It seems the reasons for trepidation by teams not rushing to sign him became fulfilled.

Weaknesses
    A little short with top-heavy build lacking proportion
    Has issues keeping balance when he's cross-faced off snap
    Not a natural knee bender
    Ducks head into contact attempting to create leverage
    Needs to bring feet with him to prevent from falling off blocks
    Average quickness to expedite combo blocks when needed
    Needs to re-set hands more quickly
    Mirror suffers when he loses proper base width
    Feet and agility to recover are below average
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kevin-...1-152dde48c604

Legend

User Info Menu

Green could move to Guard and push him to the bench

Dotson needs to do MUCH BETTER than last year
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

I agree.

after a very promising rookie season, Dotson was extremely disappointing last year. Daniels and Cole are going to start at 2 of the 3 IOL positions, may the best man win the 3rd and last one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Maybe. But I think Green's destined to be the interior OL backup.

I don't think falling down frequently is a good trait at G or C.

Hopefully both of these guys see significant improvement this season and push each other for the starting spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dotson seems to almost be the forgotten guy now. I think that this year will go a long way to showing us what he can do. Promising but playing behind Decastro and Feiler year one. Off-season of rumors before getting injured after 9 games year two.

Next year you have one IOL position set in stone: Daniels. You then have Dotson, Green, Cole, Hassenauer fighting for two spots (with potential competition from tackles Haeg and Leglue) and Dotson only playing guard. Definitely a path to get the but nothing will be handed to him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The injury affected Dotson last year no doubt. His natural position is RG, would like to see him get a shot there.

Biggest growth we need this year, though, is from Moore. If he doesn't take a big step, OT is top priority in 2023.

Legend

User Info Menu

How did Dotson go from so promising to so bad in 1 year? I seem to remember they weren’t happy with his lack of work ethic in the offseason.

I think he’s got the talent and the question is he willing to put in the work to be great? He can be.

Re: Green, I wouldn’t give up on him too quick. Kid has got some speed and a good demeanor for an Olineman. Pouncey isn’t gonna waste his time working out with a kid without some serious potential. He was definitely in over his head in year 1 making the position switch and with all the other problems on O. I expect a different player to come back after this offseason.

Seriously, I don’t think we’ve ever had a lineman that can get upfield to block faster than this kid. He’s got something unique.

Legend

User Info Menu

Drafted in 2020... This is 2022... if the question is "after 4 years", perhaps we should wait 2 more to answer...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU