Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wathcing film of Kenny Pickett. The red flags.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    1 ) That's fumbles lost, not total fumbles for the year.

2 ) As a freshman he played in 4 games, harldy a full season.

3 ) He had 29 sacks last year, are you concered now?You said if he had 25 , you would be. In fact he was sacked 29 times tiwce amd 33 times once.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...pickett-1.html

https://www.footballdb.com/players/k...kett-pickeke01
    yes.. that is a concern. I can’t say it isn’t a concern after admitting it would be… lol

I must have misinterpreted a stat. Not sure where I seen 9 sacks.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-03-2022 at 05:14 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

More red flags. Pickett played against the 100th, 122nd, 121st, 102nd, 129th and 87th out of 130 teams rated defenses. That toppled with the fact he skipped his Bowl game versus the worst passing defense in college football. A game his team lost and a game he could have balled out and showcased his talent in front of the country.
    Corral didnít skip his bowl and got hurt.

The Pitt QB broke his collarbone on the first drive in their bowl game.

I think Pickett showed he is able to make smart decisions.. lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Thank goodness the Steelers know this guy better than we do; better than anyone in the NFL in fact.
    They did their homework on this one guys... relax and give the guy a chance...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yes.. that is a concern. I can’t say it isn’t a concern after admitting it would be… lol

I must have misinterpreted a stat. Not sure where I seen 9 sacks.
    That's okay lot of people misinterpret stats and make unrealistic comparisions. I don't Pickett is a bad prospect, but I am concered with his processing speed.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's okay lot of people misinterpret stats and make unrealistic comparisions. I don't Pickett is a bad prospect, but I am concered with his processing speed.
    100% completion percentage in the Senior Bowl with a 8/8 with a TD. Voted the starting QB by his team over Ridder and Strong.

He did take a sack on second down but the guy was unblocked..

He was under center, play action.. guy was on him quick fast. Maybe couldíve thrown it in the dirt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When I see "Watching Film on Kenny Pickett" on an internet forum my first question is why? And my second question how much damn free time do you have?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    When I see "Watching Film on Kenny Pickett" on an internet forum my first question is why? And my second question how much damn free time do you have?
    when it comes to crapping on draft picks people have all the time in the world.

Thankfully I watch most Pitt games so I seen all the film I need on him. Also watched him live at the ACC Championship game in Charlotte.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I'll admit to being one of those guys. Partly because it's much easier to do these days because people literally crop a game and post on youtube... With those, you can watch all passes for a full game in less time than it takes to watch a highlight reel.

Plus, I'd rather get a sense for the good and the bad all at once, rather than just the highlights (the good).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    when it comes to crapping on draft picks people have all the time in the world.

Thankfully I watch most Pitt games so I seen all the film I need on him. Also watched him live at the ACC Championship game in Charlotte.
    So funny to see folks who can't just leave it at that...and continue to pursue I am right and everyone else is wrong...even people who are experts at doing this. I don't know how Pickett will end up. But I will say this...he was a difference maker at Pitt...and that can equate to a lot in the NFL.

Yes not everyone ends up being a Tom Brady...but it was his intangibles that told the tale for him.

I watched a lot of PItt games as it's my alma mater. I have already stated I have a bias so I tend not to state "how this is the next hall of fame QB for the Steelers" It just would be on emotion.

But Pitt's bowl game against Mich St. they were up 21-10 at the end of 3 with a QB3 (their QB2 got injured on the first TD drive in that game) before the bottom fell out and they lost 31-21 (last second pick 6 made it a 10 point game).

There is no f'ing doubt in my mind, Pickett plays, they blow MSU out in that game.

For me I see a lot of skills, and I don't discount the negatives that he has-but they seem to be fixable...but I also think you can't measure his intangibles...and that is where his destiny will be determined.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    So funny to see folks who can't just leave it at that...and continue to pursue I am right and everyone else is wrong...even people who are experts at doing this. I don't know how Pickett will end up. But I will say this...he was a difference maker at Pitt...and that can equate to a lot in the NFL.

Yes not everyone ends up being a Tom Brady...but it was his intangibles that told the tale for him.

I watched a lot of PItt games as it's my alma mater. I have already stated I have a bias so I tend not to state "how this is the next hall of fame QB for the Steelers" It just would be on emotion.

But Pitt's bowl game against Mich St. they were up 21-10 at the end of 3 with a QB3 (their QB2 got injured on the first TD drive in that game) before the bottom fell out and they lost 31-21 (last second pick 6 made it a 10 point game).

There is no f'ing doubt in my mind, Pickett plays, they blow MSU out in that game.

For me I see a lot of skills, and I don't discount the negatives that he has-but they seem to be fixable...but I also think you can't measure his intangibles...and that is where his destiny will be determined.
    $$$$ post.

I didn’t graduate from Pitt but I took classes there and grew up in the Burgh so I’ve watched them since Marino won the Sugar Bowl over Georgia.

So when people ask me why I think Pickett is legit I’m not going to talk about film. I watched the actual games.

Sure, I’m bias as a Pitt fan but as a Pitt fan I have seen this kid respond damn near every time they needed a play.

and I agree on the bowl game. They played decent with a 3rd stringer so I’m pretty sure Pickett would’ve won that game easily but he made the right decision and was healthy for the draft.