Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What bothers me about Pickett

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What bothers me about Pickett

He only did it for one year and is nearly 24. Another one-year wonder's at least has the excuse of being new. Pickett started for three years before his breakout amd they were at best medicore years.

His arm. Yes I said it. It's not a range issue it's a velocity issue. The throws the get there on time in the Big East will give an NFL DB an extra 1/2 second to make a move.

The fumbles. He had 38 of them, 26 of which were lost. Small hands. This is a big problem. 26 turnovers in college via coughing the ball up .

The schedule. It's a bit soft in the Big East. Umass, Western Michigan, New Hampshire, Duke, Syracuse, and Wake Forest were played last year.

Hey, he doesn't suck. I had a 2nd round grade on him, but do compare him to Joe Burrow, who lit up the SEC and killed it. Joe was special, and he had a better arm. If you want to compare them, he's a poor man Joe Burrow. I don't see much upside in his game, he's close to being " maxed out " Not a franshie level guy, but he could be in the next teir of top 8-16 QB's in the NFL.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-01-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Joel, you and I are on the same page. He was a reach. He probably had 38 fumbles because he is double jointed. I didn't even put that in my cons. He has never been tested against supreme talent. His games were against terrible Ds. I have a late second on him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like Pickett. I think he'll be good, and I liked the pick. But in hindsight, we could have gotten Ridder or Willis 2 rounds later. hell, we could have taken Strong instead of the scrub we took at the end. Now I know what everyone will say, 'there's no way to know who would fall and how far they'd fall'. No, there's no way for us to know that. But a GM and HC should have a sense of that if they're doing their jobs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    I like Pickett. I think he'll be good, and I liked the pick. But in hindsight, we could have gotten Ridder or Willis 2 rounds later. hell, we could have taken Strong instead of the scrub we took at the end. Now I know what everyone will say, 'there's no way to know who would fall and how far they'd fall'. No, there's no way for us to know that. But a GM and HC should have a sense of that if they're doing their jobs.
    Yes, and don't forget Colbert wanted to trade up for him in round one. As I watch the film, I wonder what I am missing. At QB you should never settle for good, not very good or great which is what I thik we did.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-01-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yes, and don't forget Colbert wanted to trade up for him in round one. As I warch the film, I wonder what I am missing. At QB you should never settle for good, not very good or great which is what I thik we did.
    I'm wondering what I am missing as well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm wondering what I am missing as well.
    Tell me more about him. I don't not see any pump fakes, or ball fakes for play action. Could be a fumble risk that's why. But if a man is open, he's good on the throws.

Legend

User Info Menu

Next tier "8-16" QB.. that's about what we had the last decade of Ben's career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brett Favre and 10 3/8" hands and fumbled more than any QB in history. There is no correlation between hand size and QB fumbles.

And you're missing the key point - Kenny's hands measure smaller than they are.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...-the-nfl-draft

Pickett’s case is made even more confusing because he is double-jointed. When he spreads his hand to wrap it around a football, the thumb stretches further than when it is placed flat on a table, which is how they do it at the combine. A football, obviously, isn’t flat.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    They didn't want Ridder or Willis, if they did they would have taken them. They have a sense about who will fall and where to take guys and that's why they took Pickett at 20.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Brett Favre and 10 3/8" hands and fumbled more than any QB in history. There is no correlation between hand size and QB fumbles.

And you're missing the key point - Kenny's hands measure smaller than they are.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...-the-nfl-draft

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Favre also palyed more games than 99.9 % of them. Pickett's hands are the smallest in the NFL. He did lose 26 fumbles in his college career. That's a concern. And he only played well for one year vs nobodies. It's not only the hand, its the release, the arm strength. None are above average. Do you folow me? The other player you can dig up rate better here.

I get he's our man. Just being honest like pump fakes and play action, things that require ball security are not part of his game on film that I have seen. Can you show me?
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-01-2022 at 05:28 PM.