Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: If you think we took Pickett too high as it is....

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If he was looking to trade up what does that tell you?? They were completely sold on the idea that Pickett is the next franchise QB. Otherwise sit tight and take the next guy standing. I don't see it as a bad thing. Some people are using the 'only one QB drafted in Rd1' as some evidence they screwed up. But they didn't.

    How many posters on this board said a month ago if the Steelers believe he's their man they need to make the move to get him?

    No way can any GM know what any other team is thinking in their war rooms. It's silly to think otherwise.
    It's silly to think that GMs, coaches, owners, etc don't communicate with each other

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Well, Colbert is gone now. So I"m waiting to see who is the next guy to wear the title GM and how he operates.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    It's silly to think that GMs, coaches, owners, etc don't communicate with each other
    I'm sure they do.

    but I doubt they share company secrets with one another.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Either the Steelers got it right and the other 31 teams got it wrong or vice versa.
    Hard to image every single other team misevaluated this qb class…
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Either the Steelers got it right and the other 31 teams got it wrong or vice versa.
    Hard to image every single other team misevaluated this qb class…
    No. Every team in the league could have had Pickett with a late first round grade for all you know.

    Just because they had even LOWER grades on the rest of the class is meaningless.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    No. Every team in the league could have had Pickett with a late first round grade for all you know.

    Just because they had even LOWER grades on the rest of the class is meaningless.
    Teams panic every year and over value qbs. This year only the Steelers did that.
    If teams had him late first, they would have made a move up to go get him.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Teams panic every year and over value qbs. This year only the Steelers did that.
    If teams had him late first, they would have made a move up to go get him.
    I don't disagree. I do think they panicked. He's a late second early third. I'm not saying he cant develop but no way is this guy a plug and play. Dear goodness his mechanics are awful. Now with that said, there is much to like but it needs developed. If he can use that upper body with his legs to drive through passes he might make it on the NFL level.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Either the Steelers got it right and the other 31 teams got it wrong or vice versa.
    Hard to image every single other team misevaluated this qb class…
    Given that evaluating QB talent is difficult, and other teams have other needs, I don't think it's hard to imagine at all. All 32 teams got Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Kurt Warner, Drew Breews "wrong". 10 teams passed on Mahomes.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't disagree. I do think they panicked. He's a late second early third. I'm not saying he cant develop but no way is this guy a plug and play. Dear goodness his mechanics are awful. Now with that said, there is much to like but it needs developed. If he can use that upper body with his legs to drive through passes he might make it on the NFL level.
    Does Mahommes have good mechanics?

    Be honest..

    and no, not saying he will be as good as Mahommes. I just think you are being a bit dramatic.. lol
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?


  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't disagree. I do think they panicked. He's a late second early third. I'm not saying he cant develop but no way is this guy a plug and play. Dear goodness his mechanics are awful. Now with that said, there is much to like but it needs developed. If he can use that upper body with his legs to drive through passes he might make it on the NFL level.
    I think that at this moment in time , we don’t know. But if I had to choose a side, I’d be standing on the side of him being a second/ third round selection. This is going to be a hit to Colbert’s legacy if he misses on this kid.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •