Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who you would have drafted.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who you would have drafted.

You can only pick players who haven't been taken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_NFL_Draft

1) ILB Lloyd. Plays the run and pass well, can also blitz. Takes Bush’s spot who does neither.

2) WR Pickens. Did not expect him to be on the board at the point. Best upside of the WR’s.

3. QB Matt Corral. Here’s our QB, SEC proven. Good arm, great release, good mobility

4 . WR Calvin Austin. Love this guy in the slot.

6 S Quentin Lake. An all arounder . Productive player, although injured. Will add to special teams.

7a ) OT AJ Arcuri. A people mover at tackle. Will play right tackle. Huge wingspan. Needs some work as a pass blocker

7b ) OT Andrew Stueber. Another people mover, good on combo blocks.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like it. I skip QB altogether, and could go with Leal.

Otherwise I like your list.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really like our first 5 picks. If Pickett develops into a quality starter and I believe he will everything else is gravy.
    The 2 7th rounders idk.
    I would have taken a shot with Munford of OSU. He's played in a lot of big games against top comp. He could use some tech work keeping his pads lower not letting guys get to his chest but that can be coached up. A guy who can play both G n T. Not a plug n play guy but a guy who could fill a role perhaps work into a starter in time or just a solid b/u. In the 7th he would have been worth a shot.
    Barnes from Baylor would have been my other choice a few picks later. Need tech work but that can be coached up. Doesn't flip well but recovery speed is off the chart at 4.25. Again made some great plays but not enough of them. Potential as a track guy. Worth the late 7th round shot imho.
    I guess the medical on Strong scared everyone off. Shame cause he has serious arm talent. Had we not drafted a qb he would have been a guy I would have liked us to bring into camp for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

1) ILB Lloyd. Plays the run and pass well, can also blitz. Takes Bush’s spot who does neither.

2) WR Pickens. Did not expect him to be on the board at the point. Best upside of the WR’s.

3. QB Matt Corral. Here’s our QB, SEC proven. Good arm, great release, good mobility

6 S Quentin Lake. An all arounder . Productive player, although injured. Will add to special teams.

7a ) OT AJ Arcuri. A people mover at tackle. Will play right tackle. Huge wingspan. Needs some work as a pass blocker

Decent looking draft. You tried to double dip on the O-line and I like that. Pickens is going to a star for us.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Devontae Wyatt, DT
    Skyy Moore, WR (I am very okay with Pickens and it would have been close)
    Malik Willis, QB
    Calvin Austin, WR
    Quentin Lake, S
    Baylon Spector, LB
    Rasheed Wallace, OT

If we would have still gone with Pickett at the top:
    Travis Jones, DT
    Leo Chenal, LB
    Calvin Austin, WR
    Quentin Lake, S
    Dareke Young, WR
    Rasheed Wallace, OT

Legend

User Info Menu

Trade back out of round 1 for KC late round 2 and late round 3 picks
    2a) George Pickens, WR, Georgia
    2b) Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut
    3a) Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
    3b) Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin
    4) Tom Zach, OT, Wake Forest
    6) Quentin Lake, S, UCLA
    7a) Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers
    7b) Dawson Deaton, C, Texas Tech

Or, if I can't trade:
    1) Jermaine Johnson, DE, Florida St. or Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
    2) George Pickens, WR, Georgia
    3) Marcus Jones, CB, Houston
    4) Tom Zach, OT, Wake Forest
    6) Curtis Brooks, DT, Cincinnati
    7a) Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers
    7b) Dawson Deaton, C, Texas Tech

No QB drafted until next season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

Devin Lloyd update. He only had 11 solo tackles and a sack in his NFL debut.

https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/devin-lloyd-leads-jaguars-defensively-in-loss-to-commanders
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

WTF

we need more high selections on defense? after seeing yesterday's game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    WTF

we need more high selections on defense? after seeing yesterday's game
    The defense was ripped for yardage yesterday. 5 turnovers ( pick six ), and an injury to the long snapper won the day. When was the last time that happened and the team getting 5 turnovers lost? Yes we need to upgrade the DL, ILB and choose a shut down corner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Decent looking draft. You tried to double dip on the O-line and I like that.
    yeah, 2 OTs both selected in the 7th round should solve all of our OL woes.

btw, how is your boy Adrian Ealy doing? he sure solved all our problems