Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: So much for the Steelers always

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    So much for the Steelers always

    Drafting bpa or bpa at a position if need.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

  2. #2
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Drafting bpa or bpa at a position if need.
    Cheer up, Bro. You could be my age and with any luck you will be:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8CpIg2fvU
    Last edited by papillon; 05-01-2022 at 10:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    This steeler organization has lost all of its identity.
    Draft for need now, draft guys with character issues, spend money on day one of FA, draft feel good players over quality.
    Things have definitely changed.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

  4. #4
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    This steeler organization has lost all of its identity.
    Draft for need now, draft guys with character issues, spend money on day one of FA, draft feel good players over quality.
    Things have definitely changed.
    Other than the Connor Heywood draft possibility, I don't follow. Can you specify? Not that I know it all....

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    This steeler organization has lost all of its identity.
    Draft for need now, draft guys with character issues, spend money on day one of FA, draft feel good players over quality.
    Things have definitely changed.
    Settle down. Pickett was a reach but he may work out. No need to say the sky is falling.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Settle down. Pickett was a reach but he may work out. No need to say the sky is falling.
    I never said the sky is falling. Matter of fact, I never criticized this draft.
    The obvious point I am making is the identity that the Steelers had is gone.
    Their M.O. is gone.
    Our fans don’t have the luxury of saying, ‘we draft bpa, bpa at need, don’t spend in FA, never have cap room, don’t make moves day 1 of FA, stay away from character concerns, draft steeler types’.
    All those are long gone.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Who was the last BPA the Steelers drafted in round 1?

    It's always best at position of need.

    Pickens, Leal, and Austin, however - dayum.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I never said the sky is falling. Matter of fact, I never criticized this draft.
    The obvious point I am making is the identity that the Steelers had is gone.
    Their M.O. is gone.
    Our fans don’t have the luxury of saying, ‘we draft bpa, bpa at need, don’t spend in FA, never have cap room, don’t make moves day 1 of FA, stay away from character concerns, draft steeler types’.
    All those are long gone.
    How can you say this? How do youo know they didn't take their BPA? I actually think they did, and had no choice but to take him there. He was projected to be the first QB taken and quite possibly as high as 6th or 7th. I just don't follow your logic. Now on the other hand, if Jordan Davis was still there, or even Hamilton was still there, then I'd def go with one of those others. In fact, I would've loved seeing them move in front of Baltimore and take Hamilton, but they stayed put and got a good player. I would doubt Wyatt or anyone else was higher on their draft board when they picked.

    Maybe, just maybe, their draft board looks different than yours? They are drafting and paying their players though. Not you.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 05-03-2022 at 08:28 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I never said the sky is falling. Matter of fact, I never criticized this draft.
    The obvious point I am making is the identity that the Steelers had is gone.
    Their M.O. is gone.
    Our fans don’t have the luxury of saying, ‘we draft bpa, bpa at need, don’t spend in FA, never have cap room, don’t make moves day 1 of FA, stay away from character concerns, draft steeler types’.
    All those are long gone.
    that’s a lot of stuff.

    We use FA we just aren’t major players and don’t overspend in FA.

    and Ben just retired so we will have a a little wiggle room with the cap.

    and we never really stayed away from guys with character issues. people on here made up the high character thing after AB left but it was never true.

    every year after the draft you make the same post about BPA and talk about what fans do or can no longer claim.

    Its such a weird annual tradition
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-03-2022 at 09:12 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It has always been BPA at a current (or upcoming) position of need. Otherwise, they would have drafted a QB during Ben's tenure or an RB during Bettis' tenure...

    This year there were more obvious positions of need than normal...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •