Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 4: Steelers select WR Calvin Austin III

Starter

User Info Menu

Maybe Calvin could do the same thing for this guy too except after spending gazillions on hyping the Combine and then the Combine itself and afterwards sending staff to Pro Days everywhere and finally to the Draft itself it wouldn't make sense NO MATTER THAT EVERY LAST CENT OF ALL THOSE GAZILLIONS IS TAX FREE!!! Gives a man pause, don't it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Last year he played with other receivers who nobody has ever heard of. Teams like Cincy could afford to use the fourth overall pick to focus exclusively on him. He will finally be given an opportunity to not be the sole focus of the D.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    4.32 40 for Austin.
    I predict he'll rip em' is camp. Yes, he is small but he's also a good receiver who had back to 1,000 yards seasons and for his size he's a tough player, That speed and acceleration are special and he had some moves. In the slot he'll do damage.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His game day decisions and use of the red flag suck. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. He doesn't say that's on me when things go wrong. Enough is enough.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I predict he'll rip em' is camp. Yes, he is small but he's also a good receiver who had back to 1,000 yards seasons and for his size he's a tough player, That speed and acceleration are special and he had some moves. In the slot he'll do damage.
    As long as they find a way to get him the ball in space; not just bubble screens.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    As long as they find a way to get him the ball in space; not just bubble screens.
    Enjoy him before a designated Vontaze Burfict puts him on IR

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

I think/hope you're right

Backup

User Info Menu

I'll bet at the very least he'll take the reps that Ray Ray was getting last year.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Depot 7⃣
    @Steelersdepot

Tony Pauline on Calvin Austin III: "Hes an outstanding route runner. If anyone was at the Senior Bowl practice in the pouring rain. He was the only one able to run short, crisp routes and separate from defenders and stay on his feet. He caught everything.

I thought he could have gone in day two to the Kansas City Chiefs. I thought he would have been an outstanding replacement to Tyreek Hill, if there is such a thing. Yeah, hes only 5 7.5 but he plays big football.
    #Steelers #NFL

May 14

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...p-Nuggets-2022

Legend

User Info Menu