Thread: This team is so damn transparent

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This team is so damn transparent

“We have signed Mitch Trubisky and think he will be great!”

Yeah right!

Clearly this is just a stopgap so they can buy some time for Kenny Pickett to go get one of those hand transplant surgeries done at UPMC and then he will need two years to recover and learn to use his new, larger hands.

I’m so sick of this team’s BS. We all know what you are doing Art 2! Why reach on a guy like Pickett who you KNOW is going to need a hand transplant when someone like Malik Willis is just SITTING there at 1.20?! Pickett will be 26 before he is even recovered from surgery enough to take a snap in the NFL, if he even does recover. Hand transplants are worse than Tommy John!

This team is doomed. Hope you all like the post-Ben era!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    ďWe have signed Mitch Trubisky and think he will be great!Ē

Yeah right!

Clearly this is just a stopgap so they can buy some time for Kenny Pickett to go get one of those hand transplant surgeries done at UPMC and then he will need two years to recover and learn to use his new, larger hands.

Iím so sick of this teamís BS. We all know what you are doing Art 2! Why reach on a guy like Pickett who you KNOW is going to need a hand transplant when someone like Malik Willis is just SITTING there at 1.20?! Pickett will be 26 before he is even recovered from surgery enough to take a snap in the NFL, if he even does recover. Hand transplants are worse than Tommy John!

This team is doomed. Hope you all like the post-Ben era!!!

Trubisky will be cut in 2023. This will save us 8 million on the cap. Feel better? I starting to like the business side of this pick. A QB for cheap. If he sucks, draft another one in three seasons. Load up elsewhere in the meantime. This is the way.

https://overthecap.com/player/mitchell-trubisky/5586/
    This year will tell a lot about the direction the Steelers are going in. One good thing is we got what seems like a hot draft class in Pickens, Leal, and Austin. Possibly Robinson.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm happy to let it play out.

Not a big fan of Pickett, but basically no one knows anything about QBs.

Hope he's the next franchise QB. Or at least can play well enough that the team can be good when he's cheap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm happy to let it play out.

Not a big fan of Pickett, but basically no one knows anything about QBs.

Hope he's the next franchise QB. Or at least can play well enough that the team can be good when he's cheap.
    There is NO THING as a blue chip QB, have to let them play and see. IF there such a thing as a blue chip QB, tell me how Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, JaMarcus Russel, Vince Young, Tim Couch, et al happened? No way of knowing until they play live NFL football.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Trubisky will be cut in 2023. This will save us 8 million on the cap. Feel better? I starting to like the business side of this pick. A QB for cheap. If he sucks, draft another one in three seasons. Load up elsewhere in the meantime. This is the way.

https://overthecap.com/player/mitchell-trubisky/5586/
    yep.. with no franchise QB I say take a chance until you find one. FO went all in and grabbed 2 this offseason.

Not mad at all.

Still have like 5 or 6 picks left. Load up and lets go!!!
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

two first round QB's on the roster and a guy who knows the system inside and out. Gonna be a helluva latrobe this year. I hope all three ball out so the FO has an impossible decision to make.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

the Steelers fooled me.

I thought for sure they liked Malik Willis over Kenny Pickett, I'm very happy that they didn't.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like I said in another thread, Steelers signed Trubisky in case the guy they wanted didnt get to them in the draft, Pickett fell to them at 20 and they took him. Tribusky i believe was was plan B from the beginning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Like I said in another thread, Steelers signed Trubisky in case the guy they wanted didnt get to them in the draft, Pickett fell to them at 20 and they took him. Tribusky i believe was was plan B from the beginning.
    You might be right. He's got a 'plan B' contract that's for sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pickett to Pickens, lol. Gotta love the sound of that.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION