Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1: Steelers select QB Kenny Pickett

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Although I did read that Trubisky is the only QB to ever not throw a pick six in his first 50+ games starting.
    I remember watching Peyton Manning's first pick-6 and it's funny because i KNEW the play before he snapped the ball. Earlier, he'd done a hand signal to his WR and the play was a quick slant. He did exactly the same gesture at some point later to the same guy and I'm cracking up before the snap like, "I know that play!!" Apparently so did the guys who get paid to defend it.

IIRC, the colts went 2-14 during Manning's rookie season, so there are DEFINITELY growing pains, even for elite QBs who where born and raised to do this. That's the only reason my money's on Tribusky to start - because the Steelers remain in "win now" mode and Mitch *should have* already experienced most of his growing pains.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post

and we arenít in wait 3 years mode for our next QB. We are trying to win NOW on a rookie contract which is why we chose the most NFL ready QB. Our front office keeps repeating it but you donít want to believe it.
    Yes, just like Mahomes who did not atart year one?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Speaking of Mahomes.. itd be fun going back to that thread and reading some of that "Pre-draft analysis" on here...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    KC was 12-4 and 10-6 the previous 2 seasons with Alex Smith.

If Trubisky was coming off a playoff appearance or was an established starter for the Steelers I would probably like his chances a bit more.

Mitch is coming in cold, into a new offense.. I really don’t think he has much of an advantage over Pickett.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

If Trubisky was coming off a playoff appearance or was an established starter for the Steelers I would probably like his chances a bit more.

Mitch is coming in cold, into a new offense.. I really don’t think he has much of an advantage over Pickett.
    I still think Mitch has the edge to start game 1 due to NFL experience... But, it's certainly not absolute
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I still think Mitch has the edge to start game 1 due to NFL experience... But, it's certainly not absolute
    Respected DeVille, IMO Ben should have been gone by 2016 but I'm NOT a Ben guy. Carter gives an interesting talk on why any 2022 Steeler QB including Mason is an upgrade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2srGdPpTyY

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post
    Respected DeVille, IMO Ben should have been gone by 2016 but I'm NOT a Ben guy. Carter gives an interesting talk on why any 2022 Steeler QB including Mason is an upgrade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2srGdPpTyY
    How can you not be a Ben guy after the helped this team make it to 3 Superbowls? I am a Ben guy even though I don't believe he lived up to his full potential as a player. Ben will be in the HOF.

Ben also helped this team lead off to an 11-0 start after his injury. How soon people forget. Ben deserved another opportunity weighing all the factors involved. As a result, the owner gave Ben his opportunities.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mitch's big advantage is obviously playing against NFL defenses...
    Hes also proved he could play at a high level, earning a pro bowl a few years ago.
    I'm personally hoping Trubisky comes in a balls out.. earning the job. Nothing wrong with pickett sitting for a year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mitch is coming in cold, into a new offense.. I really donít think he has much of an advantage over Pickett.
    I think it will depend on how fast Pickett adjusts to the speed of the NFL.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    How can you not be a Ben guy after the helped this team make it to 3 Superbowls? I am a Ben guy even though I don't believe he lived up to his full potential as a player. Ben will be in the HOF.

Ben also helped this team lead off to an 11-0 start after his injury. How soon people forget. Ben deserved another opportunity weighing all the factors involved. As a result, the owner gave Ben his opportunities.
    I take all of your points, Amigo. No doubt Ben was a gifted QB. OTOH his mouth on his 93.7 Show regularly divided the locker room and eventually helped alienate AB and LeVeon, Granted none of those three are rocket scientists and, no NFL contract was ever given for "tact." One phone call from the Steeler Front Office and 93.7 would have shut down the Ben Show tout de suite.

Sure, this is all woulda, coulda, shoulda hindsight but so is every NFL Draft 3 years later. All I said was trading Ben in 2016 MIGHT HAVE brought draft picks plus players and MIGHT HAVE saved the Steelers a rebuild. But I'm one guy who doesn't own a share of Rooney Preferred