Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL investigation of Haskins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    For the record, I would never curse anyone out in a store for exercising their preferred freedom of choice decision when it comes to restrictions/lockdowns/vaccinations. Not sure if you're applying the label of cursing in a store or buying pallets of sanitizer to me, but neither one of those thoughts are actions I would ever take.
    its just examples of the way people are becoming more aggressive in person and online.

Its not that serious but I do believe the country you are in and the restrictions in place could have something to do with your posting style lately.

You are accusing people of being in the woke mob. Its weird. We are just here to talk football
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    its just examples of the way people are becoming more aggressive in person and online.

Its not that serious but I do believe the country you are in and the restrictions in place could have something to do with your posting style lately.

You are accusing people of being in the woke mob. Its weird. We are just here to talk football
    The restrictions have nothing to do with my posting style.

When I post my thoughts on Haskins and get attacked constantly without provocation what else am I suppose to think? Posters could have posted their thoughts without being rude and moved on. They could have ignored me but they didn't. If they don't like the truth about Haskins, this isn't my fault. He was a public figure and as such was fair game for criticism. It wasn't me that drove drunk and high without regard for anyone's safety, that was Haskins. It wasn't me that had no regard for anyone's safety and went out and broke Covid protocols at a strip club while he was with the Redskins. It wasn't me that got into a domestic altercation with his wife that was Haskins.

I honestly don't feel bad for him. I refuse to virtue signal for someone and pretend to show empathy for a guy who had no regard for anybody's safety when he drove drunk. I refuse to be brow beaten by anyone trying to pressure me into changing my thoughts like the woke cancel culture gang would do. That is the bottom line.

Backup

User Info Menu

People would argue over anything. Why do people feel the need to change others opinions?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    People would argue over anything. Why do people feel the need to change others opinions?
    Because they are wrong.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

https://triblive.com/sports/report-s...lled-in-april/

Repeated info., but he was hammered. I've never even heard of the two drugs he was on. Sound strong.
    Ketamine
    Medication
    Ketamine is a medication primarily used for induction and maintenance of anesthesia. It induces dissociative anesthesia, a trance-like state providing pain relief, sedation, and amnesia.
    A "trance-like state with amnesia?" Yea, I'd say that's some strong stuff.

Not to pile on a deceased dude, but I'd say it's safe to say his "maturity" was still an issue. You don't go out driving at .24 and on stuff like ketamine if you've achieved "maturity."

Starter

User Info Menu

Sorry, but that report of him being on two types of drugs, and being 3 times over the legal alcohol limit while operating a motor vehicle has changed my opinions. I have very little sympathy for people that choose to drive in that state, as he could have very easily killed others, and only luck prevented it from happening.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Sorry, but that report of him being on two types of drugs, and being 3 times over the legal alcohol limit while operating a motor vehicle has changed my opinions. I have very little sympathy for people that choose to drive in that state, as he could have very easily killed others, and only luck prevented it from happening.
    I still have some sympathy for him and his loved ones, but I'm not "broken hearted" about it. As much disappointed. There were clear signs that this guy was a knucklehead, and it appears he still was at the time of his death. You don't just cut a high 1st round pick after 1 year, but Rivera did just that. He had a lifetime of getting a "pass" because of his athletic skills. But like so many before him (JaMarcus Russell), that pass ends. Unfortunately, in this case, it costed him his life.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    ... my government won't let me cross the border or fly anywhere.
    [URL]http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg[/URL]
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia View Post
    Imagine someone cheering on the government for segregating people and taking away a law abiding citizens freedoms and rights. That tolerant person is you Steel Mafia. Be careful what you wish for!
    Last edited by Prowler; 05-24-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

While this is not exactly germane to the topic here and in reading through posts lately, I see the term "woke" quite a bit. I do not understand the context of how/why it is used. Some of the explanations on Google didn't help much. Would someone explain how this word is used today?
    Thanks much.