Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trubisky the QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    As the consistent promoter of the positive-
    I have great confidence he can absolutely be a top 5 QB... in the division.
    I'm with you. He will lead us to the playoffs...mark it down now
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Weve got a good problem on our hands right now.. 2 young guys who are starting caliber QBs.. I can see Mitch resurrecting his career here.. while Pickett learns the ropes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Depends on perspective. He probably thinks the Steelers are trying to catch a falling knife.
    Hopefully we just bought the dip

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Hopefully we just bought the dip
    Fair enough.

Like we bought the dip on Paxton Lynch, Haskins, Leftwich, Vick, and all the other 1st round QBs we like to scoop up to be our backups.

Realistically, how many of these failed 1st round QBs then go on and have success elsewhere? Which one of these guys has been redeveloped once they become a Steeler?

It's as much a long shot as college QBs being stars in the pros.

I'll root for them all and hope 1 of them pans out. Going into camp, there's 4 dogs fighting for 1 bone. Hope one of them does great. If it's not Pickett, we're probably in for a long season or 2.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Fair enough.

Like we bought the dip on Paxton Lynch, Haskins, Leftwich, Vick, and all the other 1st round QBs we like to scoop up to be our backups.

Realistically, how many of these failed 1st round QBs then go on and have success elsewhere? Which one of these guys has been redeveloped once they become a Steeler?

It's as much a long shot as college QBs being stars in the pros.

I'll root for them all and hope 1 of them pans out. Going into camp, there's 4 dogs fighting for 1 bone. Hope one of them does great. If it's not Pickett, we're probably in for a long season or 2.
    Pretty much all of this. If Pickett is ready and not overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL, play him.

However a quick shout out to the guy whose number Pickett will wear - Tommy Gun was a shooting star for one season in Pittsburgh, but unfortunately he burned out quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Pretty much all of this. If Pickett is ready and not overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL, play him.

However a quick shout out to the guy whose number Pickett will wear - Tommy Gun was a shooting star for one season in Pittsburgh, but unfortunately he burned out quickly.
    Maddox had his head taken off and wasn’t the same when he returned.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Well see; hopefully your right.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think some of you understood what I was saying. I suggest you re-read what I said. You will see the sarcasm.

Hint... I am not near as optimistic as you are in the short term.

Nevertheless my friend, I do hope you are right and my feelings are unfounded.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I don't think some of you understood what I was saying. I suggest you re-read what I said. You will see the sarcasm.

Hint... I am not near as optimistic as you are in the short term.

Nevertheless my friend, I do hope you are right and my feelings are unfounded.
    lmao.. folks really are blindly following and didn’t read your post or understand it.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see some are drinking the same Trubisky Kool-Aid my friends in Chicago drank for years, and are now only telling me that it was poisoned. Nagy gets too much blame, in fact, it was his offense that allowed MT to have any success.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-chi...e-deficiencies