Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On QB hand size

Legend

User Info Menu

"I do think [hand size] is something you have to consider. They are small Ö however, when I shook it, it wasn't like, 'whoa, you have a baby hand.' It was strong. You could feel like his thumb felt a little wonky."

óAn unnamed quarterback coach mentioned that his handshake with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kenny Pickett slightly changed his stance on how he views the rookie's small hand size.
    (The Athletic)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Ridder fumbled 27 times in 4 seasons. Howell 19 in 3 seasons. Corral 14 in 2.5 seasons.
    and Willis also had a high fumble rate if i remember correctly. I posted a stat the first time this was brought up that eased my concerns.

However, strip sacks will happen. If he holds the ball too long and it happens I will hold him accountable for those.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

remember Burrow joked about his tiny hands before the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    dude Iím 48 and was born and raised in Pittsburgh.

Iím sure I watched more games than most on here the 80ís because there was no Sunday Ticket back then.

but I didnít watch Malone in college but I always expected our players to play well back then.

If we drafted a Penn State or Pitt QB back then I would definitely have high expectations because I mostly watched local college teams back then.
    Were you old enough to remember Marino?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    its an overblown topic

remember Burrow joked about his tiny hands before the draft.
    It's taken on a life of it's own and it's so meaningless. This would be a much more meaningful test:

https://bmcmusculoskeletdisord.biome...891-015-0612-4

I've shaken hands with small vice grip mitts and conversely with large, flimsy hands.

If you must measure hand size, at least have them grip a football at the same spot and measure the span around the football. Pickett's reportedly would be closer to 9.5" if that was the measure.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 05-07-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    It's taken on a life of it's own and it's so meaningless. This would be a much more meaningful test:

https://bmcmusculoskeletdisord.biome...891-015-0612-4

I've shaken hands with small vice grip mitts and conversely with large, flimsy hands.

If you must measure hand size, at least have them grip a football at the same spot and measure the span around the football. Pickett's reportedly would be closer to 9.5" if that was the measure.
    They have technology to do better than that. They can measure pressure of contact by every finger as they grip the football (used it in an application on a project a while back).

https://www.tekscan.com/products-sol...ms/grip-system

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Were you old enough to remember Marino?
    do the math dude.. lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    If you were alive in the 80's, you would have thought Mark Malone was our next star QB as well. And Cliff Stoudt. Malone was a first round pick. Speaking of, where did he go? He used to be a fairly prominent talking head on ESPN. I guess he's here?

https://wbcb1490.com/under-center-with-mark-malone/
    I think injuries sort of derailed Malone's career. He was a heck of an athlete.. playing some WR as well.. allot of folks may not realize he held the record for longest TD reception for many, many years..