Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What you talkin' bout Willis?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What you talkin' bout Willis?

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/st...st-mock-draft/

I don't know, I think they may be falling too in love with his mobility factor, especially having faced Jackson twice a season the last few. But Lamar is insane mobile, like never seen before, plus, they haven't won any hardware with him. Cool Shades has seemingly tipped his hand over wanting a really mobile QB (but maybe he's just playing poker). They could be feeling no need to worry about a top OL with such a jack rabbit at QB, which would be a mistake; still need rushing lanes for your RB.

Starter

User Info Menu

I want nothing to do with a 1st round QB this year. In some of the simulators Ridder falls to our pick in the 2nd. I can wrap my brain around that a lot easier.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

I don't know, I think they may be falling too in love with his mobility factor, especially having faced Jackson twice a season the last few. But Lamar is insane mobile, like never seen before, plus, they haven't won any hardware with him. Cool Shades has seemingly tipped his hand over wanting a really mobile QB (but maybe he's just playing poker). They could be feeling no need to worry about a top OL with such a jack rabbit at QB, which would be a mistake; still need rushing lanes for your RB.
    Hardware? lmao..

Herbert hasnít even made the playoffs yet and people act like he is a HOFer already.

Lamar has won a ton of games so I can see why some would want to find a player with more mobility.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

thankfully rooney has said they still want someone who can throw in the pocket

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hardware? lmao..

Herbert hasn’t even made the playoffs yet and people act like he is a HOFer already.

Lamar has won a ton of games so I can see why some would want to find a player with more mobility.
    herbert went to a team that was 5-11 the year before he was drafted

not 9-7 like the ravens were before drafting jackson

Starter

User Info Menu

The thing is Willis doesn't really describe the kind of QB Rooney was describing, at least not right now. Willis is more of a running QB who throws the ball, he had almost 1,000 yards rushing in each of his last two seasons in college. In the Senior Bowl where the media was raving about him he had like 2 pass completions for 11 yards but like 55 yards rushing. He is such a big gamble, it's one thing to draft him but if the Steelers trade up to draft him that's just totally irresponsible imo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe Herbert is the real deal. If you want to look at a "pretender" look no further than Kyler Murray. He may get better but right now the game is too big for him. He wilts in big games and especially the last palyoff. He melted down over a pick-6 in a meaningless game: the "Pro-Bowl".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    I want nothing to do with a 1st round QB this year. In some of the simulators Ridder falls to our pick in the 2nd. I can wrap my brain around that a lot easier.
    You complete me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It just amazes me that no one listens to the old man. Mr. Rooney has stated no run 1st type QBs. He doesn't want that.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by t.ferguson View Post
    the thing is willis doesn't really describe the kind of qb rooney was describing, at least not right now. Willis is more of a running qb who throws the ball, he had almost 1,000 yards rushing in each of his last two seasons in college. In the senior bowl where the media was raving about him he had like 2 pass completions for 11 yards but like 55 yards rushing. He is such a big gamble, it's one thing to draft him but if the steelers trade up to draft him that's just totally irresponsible imo.

ding ding ding. Bingo
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion