Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Philosophy/Plan for '22

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I am clearly pointing out why he should be an option. He's a year younger than Rudolph he's actually not even a year older than Burrow (they are both 25 right now), would likely cost very little to acquire and is the kind of QB Rooney was describing not too long ago (can move in the pocket, is mobile). I'm just not seeing a lot of good options at QB this year for the Steelers, this one would be safe and cost very little.
    I hear you but stats alone aren’t enough. Did he significantly increase their win total in those 26 games?

Minshew was 6-6 in 2019, 1-7 in 2020

No thanks.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Love the guys with ‘their plan’ only to have the Steelers do the opposite and have those same fans praise it…. Lol
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I hear you but stats alone arenít enough. Did he significantly increase their win total in those 26 games?

No thanks.
    Just keep in mind the team he was on, the only guy on offense there was Fournette and that was only in 2019, it's kind of crazy he managed to put up the numbers he did.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I hear you but stats alone aren’t enough. Did he significantly increase their win total in those 26 games?

No thanks.
    Not that I think these guys are really in the same league but Matthew Stafford was a perennial loser who couldn't put a team over the top as recently as like August... I'm not going to put much stock in win/loss records with a team like the Jags.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackjam View Post
    Not that I think these guys are really in the same league but Matthew Stafford was a perennial loser who couldn't put a team over the top as recently as like August... I'm not going to put much stock in win/loss records with a team like the Jags.
    I think a qb can only do so much.
    Stafford made that team respectable for a 4 year stretch and that team registered more wins than they would have without him the other years.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackjam View Post
    Huh? Stafford's got 31 4th qtr comebacks and 38 game winning drives in 5 fewer years than Roethlisberger.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Huh? Stafford's got 31 4th qtr comebacks and 38 game winning drives in 5 fewer years than Roethlisberger.
    I think he's saying that stats like the one you are mentioning make it clear that Stafford is better than Minshew, even though the Lions didn't really have too much team success.