Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ben's "expanding God's kingdom."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya you obviously pulled this from an ID website because its pretty much all wrong. But lets assume you had the science right, what you basically just said was this is complex and i dont know how it happened, therefore there must be a god. This is a logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance. You need to show actual evidence for the existence of god.
    I can smell the "faith card" getting pulled very soon here.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Here is the thing. We are responsible for our own relationship with God Almighty. No religion, no preacher, or no priest. We will stand alone on our own before the God of the universe.

I can assure you that this world was created by the God of the universe. The laws of thermodynamics and abiogenesis prove it scientifically. How do the birds know to build nests? How do the wild flowers come up again and again. The Glory of God is before our eyes constantly. The Creation speaks to the Glory of God.

We must answer for ourselves that is the key. No one has seen God the Father but the Son. Jesus Christ is the physical manifestation of the Godhead and He was here 2000 years ago. Was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and rose again. He was the Firstborn of the new creation.

If we acknowledge our sin and ask God to forgive us by Jesus and his shed blood we will get a pass at that judgement. That is the only way. Jesus Christ will be our advocate.
    Deal with it.
    A few side notes. When did a tadpole look up out of the water and decide to crawl out,grow wings and become airborne? And what would have inspired it to do so? Why did apes stay apes and somehow man evolve from that . Why do different grasses exist in the same field? There would have been no reason for one grass to evolve into several to survive in the same place. This barely touches on all the things that dispell evolution. With all the technology and exploration they can't link us coming from the water. I believe my greatest grandfather was man . Created . Others believe in evolution and that their greatest grandfather was that tadpole . That everything we see just grew from the atom on this isolated rock in space. I respect everyone's beliefs. No one man is better than another. Personally I look forward to seeing Jesus ,the Father and their Kingdom and enjoying their amazing natural creation here until then .
    Last edited by Rocky Mtn; 10-10-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's standing up for his faith in Jesus Christ. That's already expanding God's Kingdom.
    You guys who are being cavalier about a man's testimony about Jesus be careful. Ben will be closely watched to see if he holds to his testimony. I wish him well and nothing but success going forward.
    No problems with that. Ben's as free an agent to do that as was my bride of 46 years. OTOH I was and still am an Atheist every day of that time. She was an evangelizing member of her church who accepted my nonbelief and quoted Acts 25 to churchmates who questioned my lack of faith. If Ben can do that repeatedly, I'll begin to respect his testimony.

"Man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” We now know it wasn't the height, strength, stature or resume God was looking for. Instead, as the Apostle Paul stated in Acts 13:22, God said, “I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.”Jun 22, 2019

Legend

User Info Menu

He's standing up for his faith in Jesus Christ. That's already expanding God's Kingdom.
    You guys who are being cavalier about a man's testimony about Jesus be careful. Ben will be closely watched to see if he holds to his testimony. I wish him well and nothing but success going forward.
    And if he doesn't, it will be blamed on "man not being perfect, freedom of will, but he gets another chance" and move on from there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn View Post
    A few side notes. When did a tadpole look up out of the water and decide to crawl out,grow wings and become airborne? And what would have inspired it to do so? Why did apes stay apes and somehow man evolve from that . Why do different grasses exist in the same field? There would have been no reason for one grass to evolve into several to survive in the same place. This barely touches on all the things that dispell evolution. With all the technology and exploration they can't link us coming from the water. I believe my greatest grandfather was man . Created . Others believe in evolution and that their greatest grandfather was that tadpole . That everything we see just grew from the atom on this isolated rock in space. I respect everyone's beliefs. No one man is better than another. Personally I look forward to seeing Jesus ,the Father and their Kingdom and enjoying their amazing natural creation here until then .
    I'm sorry to bust on your analogy, but tadpoles don't grow wings, they turn into frogs.

Legend

User Info Menu

The 1st law says the energy of the universe has always been what it is. The 2nd and 3rd laws basically say everything is going to disorder or a lower energy state. Just more of simpler molecules. It is difficult to make more complex things without controlling the process. The random reaction to complexity is not favored.

Man has not been able to create the building blocks of life. Never has been done. That is the science of abiogenesis.

You are familiar with hemoglobin. It is a protein composed of 2 chains of amino acids. One is 141 amino acid molecules long and the other is 143 units long. These chains and molecules are arranged such that they can hold the iron complex in their structure which supplies the O2 and removes the CO2. What are the odds that this hemoglobin was randomly created out of some primordial soup.

There are 22 bio- amino acids which are in organisms. For instance let's just say you have a 10 chain unit that can be made out of these 22 amino acids. What are the odds that you get exactly what you want. That would be 1 out of 22 to the 10th power.

Now here's the kicker. These amino acid units exist as 3 dimensional structures. There are two possible orientations for each unit. They are mirror images. They are either left handed or right handed. All amino acids in organisms are left handed. All of them. That would make the odds of getting our exact 10 unit chain , 1 out of 44 to the 10th power.
    How does DNA know how to make these proteins? We haven't even considered the structure of DNA.
    There had to be a Grand Designer. We'll there was. In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth.
    And when did He get around to creating Hell?