Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Priorities

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm so happy you aren't our GM.

but then if you were, we would have the #1 pick in the draft every year and we could draft our new franchise QB...

So true...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2022 Final Mock
    1 - Malik Wills, QB, Liberty Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2 - Travis Jones, NT, Uconn George Pickens, WR, UGa
    3 - Jalen Tolbert, WR, USA DeMarvin Leal, DE, TAMU

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

D-LINE, Interior O-LINE, WR, Inside Linebacker
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 01-21-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    D-LINE, Interior O-LINE, WR, Inside Linebacker
    I'd add CB to this list if Spoon doesn't come back (and maybe even if he does).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think it gets to be Witherspoon or Haden because I think they get the same offer value wise.
    I do think that they pursue one, it mostly depends on what they think about Spoon. If they think he is a long term starter then they go after him. If they go after Haden it is a one or two year deal with nothing remaining on the cap when the deal is done. Haden is definitely not a Steeler in 2024 so all money tied to him should be gone as well.

Interesting year for FA corners. There are quite a few older big name guys - Haden, Patrick Peterson, Kyle Fuller, Xavier Rhodes, Jimmy Smith, Chris Harris. Some team might think that one of these guys has a season or two left for a run at a ring.

There are also a few younger guys who could be expensive #1 corners - JC Jackson, Carlton Davis

And a few guys who have shown that they might be ready for prime time - Witherspoon, Kevin King, Charvarius Ward, Eli Apple, and a few more I'm sure. This is typically the aisle that the Steelers shop in. Try to find the player who has not demonstrated his value yet, but you think he could. It would also fit with team building towards being competitive a couple of years from now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cap continues to shrink from original estimates. The Depot now saying it's under $38M which includes the rollover and dead money hits.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Cap continues to shrink from original estimates. The Depot now saying it's under $38M which includes the rollover and dead money hits.
    I don't know if they have good candidates for restructures either. Watt?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Spend about 20-25 million on two good young defenders, DL and CB. Save the rest for next year and cut the expensive players who aren't producing.
    Tomlin has a losing records in the playoffs. Every Steeler has a winning record during the regular season. Figure it out.
    6 years and counting, no playoff wins. Yet 25 other teams have at least one playoff win is this span of time. His record on hiring good OC's and DC's is terrible. Enough is enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think Edmunds is a great athlete and has always been around the ball to make plays. But the gap in his game is still that he doesnít make plays on the ball.

Heís solid in just about every aspect of the S position. Good tackler, good in coverage, physical, etc. But Iíd rather pay someone thatís going to force some more big plays/turnovers.

I wouldnít mind seeing us try to upgrade his position and think a S can be very versatile. Iíve also wondered if he could play as an ILB in the modern game and be more effective. I know heís a little small, but he probably plays at a bigger weight than Farrior did and I would take a Potsie in our D right now.
    but then you may be sacrificing solid tackling for a safety that gambles to make plays on the ball.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Spend about 20-25 million on two good young defenders, DL and CB. Save the rest for next year and cut the expensive players who aren't producing.
    that sounds like a lot of money for 2 young players. Who are they?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

I wonder if that's just accounting for the other 8 roster spots at league minimum to get to the top 51 or something else. OverTheCap says $41.9MM but they're only including the 43 guys currently under contract (including Ben and JuJu's contracts that are about to void) and the dead money from Melvin Ingram and Quincy Roche. They have us at roughly $32.9MM when taking the other 8 guys into account. Alternatively, they may be accounting for the rookie pool money which is a net hit of roughly $3.3MM.