Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Zeise: Steelers' standard under Mike Tomlin has been lowered

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Paul Zeise obviously isn't a Steeler fan and is happy about losing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not a Tomlin hater - but i've been off his band wagon for about 8 years now.

That article was a brilliant synopsis of every critique I've had about Coach T. I don't think he's innovative, not particularly brilliant and I think he has settled into a comfortable arrogance knowing the Steelers will likely never fire him - so he can just do things his way, year in and year out without suffering the consequences of yet another blowout playoff loss.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

That article was a brilliant synopsis of every critique I've had about Coach T. I don't think he's innovative, not particularly brilliant and I think he has settled into a comfortable arrogance knowing the Steelers will likely never fire him - so he can just do things his way, year in and year out without suffering the consequences of yet another blowout playoff loss.
    I probably fall into this camp. I don’t hate Tomlin but think his shelf life has expired. I don’t think we can be drunk with the fact we’ve only had 3 HCs since 1969. I believe Tomlin is the coach as long as he wants it and that could be affecting without him knowing it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    *****gentlemen my signature of Tomlin has been updated as well.

Banned

User Info Menu

Article was so good that I felt like I wrote it! These are thr things I’ve been saying for years but the Tomlin ball washers attacked me for it constantly.

*****gentlemen my signature of Tomlin has been updated as well. Five straight years of playoff losses and this past season has been added.

Legend

User Info Menu

*****gentlemen my signature of Tomlin has been updated as well.
    why do you think anybody gives a **** about your sig?

it's the stupidest one I have ever seen. suggesting we fire Tomlin and using Don Shula and Miami as an analogy shows just how dumb you really are. at least use a team who got rid of their HC and actually won something afterwards. the Dolphins haven't sniffed a Super Bowl since Shula.

Backup

User Info Menu

article is a good read.

Legend

User Info Menu

That article was a brilliant synopsis of every critique I've had about Coach T. I don't think he's innovative, not particularly brilliant
    My biggest complaint. We haven't outschemed anyone in years. No shame not being an X's and O's genius, but hire coordinators who are. You can't just show up every week and beat your man, impose your will.

Banned

User Info Menu

Tomlin should be feeling good because Colbert is going to give us one last draft and I’m fascinated to see if he will really upgrade the O-line with a plug and play O- lineman with our first pick or will he strictly go BPA regardless.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin should be feeling good because Colbert is going to give us one last draft and I’m fascinated to see if he will really upgrade the O-line with a plug and play O- lineman with our first pick or will he strictly go BPA regardless.
    For the unknowlegable, ignorant people, or agenda driven people like yourself it's been stated that the Steelers generally make decisions as an organization.

So the Steelers will choose who they believe is the BPA unless overruled by ownership. They make decisions as an organization. Only one person has the final say in every decision.

I know it's easy to blame the HC for every decision but that's not the case for the Steelers.