Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Pickett

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kenny Pickett

I was hoping some of you Yinzers or college football aficionados could weigh-in on whether you think Pickett is worth the pick at #20. I'm leaning towards giving Rudolph a chance to prove it and also think we need to invest our top pick in the o-line. Is Pickett the kind of guy that should make me reconsider that position? Thanks!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he goes in the top 5, definately top 10. Unless we make a signifiant move up we don't sniff him. Ive also read he has grotesquesly small hands. That might be more of an issue with the larger football in the NFL.

I am looking more like a Strong or Howell in the 2nd or none at all. 2023 may be the year for a QB.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 01-17-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pickett will be long gone by #20, barring some revelation that he's doing hard drugs or something of that nature. I don't think there will be any franchise-type QBs on the slate when we draft. Let's fill some of our other big needs, like OL, ILB, and DL, and wait for another year to draft our QB of the future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Pickett will be long gone by #20, barring some revelation that he's doing hard drugs or something of that nature. I don't think there will be any franchise-type QBs on the slate when we draft. Let's fill some of our other big needs, like OL, ILB, and DL, and wait for another year to draft our QB of the future.
    For old time's sake.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I think he goes in the top 5, definately top 10. Unless we make a signifiant move up we don't sniff him. Ive also read he has grotesquesly small hands. That might be more of an issue with the larger football in the NFL.

I am looking more like a Strong or Howell in the 2nd or none at all. 2023 may be the year for a QB.
    hopefully not as bad as this guy;

But seriously, he won't last until pick 20 and probably not even pick 12. Some people need to chill on the QB pick next draft. There's a Pickett in every draft. And this team is not a QB away from being a SB contender.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I was hoping some of you Yinzers or college football aficionados could weigh-in on whether you think Pickett is worth the pick at #20. I'm leaning towards giving Rudolph a chance to prove it and also think we need to invest our top pick in the o-line. Is Pickett the kind of guy that should make me reconsider that position? Thanks!
    My thoughts for what it's worth. There is no STAR QB's coming out of this draft, that's #1. I say we ride with Mason for the next season maybe even two. Draft an offensive line that can pass protect for a new starting QB in a year or two and that can run block. The best available QB that we could possibly get in the draft would be eaten alive because of our O Line. Fix the O Line and defensive backfield first. I think Mason can keep Tomlins no loss season record intact.

Legend

User Info Menu

local outlets are saying the giants grab the local kid.

jones had more of a chance sticking with the giants if judge came back

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post

I think they're the same size now.

His hands are reportedly 8.25 inches, helped by a "double jointed" thumb and gloves. Mike Vick had 8.5" hands and could sling it. Conversely, Chad Pennington's mitts were 10+ inches, and he had a rag arm.

We'll find out a lot at the Senior Bowl and Combine for sure.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 01-17-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For those who say no star QBs are coming out of this class, the same was said of 2017, which brought us Mahomes and Watson.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galler...917-011917-011

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/24/20...rback-rankings

Legend

User Info Menu

Pickett reminds me of Blake Bortles

None of the projected first round QBs are franchise guys.

IMO the wildcard is Malik Willis
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"