Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Steeler playoff games thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree that Mahomes had no chance. He is probably the QB most likely to succeed in that situation and he still fell flat. And that was similar to what we watched almost every week of the Steelers' season this year. It didn't look quite as bad because Mahomes often tried to escape while Ben threw it away within 2 seconds, but as important as a great QB is, behind a sieve of a line they have no chance.
    He put some amazing passes on the hands of his receivers in that game, too, that they didn't come down with. Could have easily had 400+ yards passing.

Legend

User Info Menu

One balanced offense knocked out of the playoffs this weekend. One going to the CC. The others are pass heavy. So maybe a balanced offense isn't good enough for a SB. We'll find out next weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    rodgers masked an idiot coach on Green Bay and won a SB.

I think he can do the same here

If you donít know. he is the mvp this year
    I think Kupp should get come consideration too.

He won't win it though, because it's essentially the "best QB" award. Which I suppose is reasonable since the QB is by far the most important thing on a team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If I didn't know better, it looked like the Rams/Bucs game was fixed. Bucs getting blown out, saved by incredible timely fumbles, bad snaps, even a missed FG that came up SHORT from 47 yards. When is the last time you've seen that in a good-weather game?

Then the Rams get Kupp wide open 1-on-1? Seemed scripted.

What appeared even more scripted, however, was that despite the "furious" finish there appeared to be an almost complete lack of emotion afterwards by both teams. Polite handshakes and then walk to the locker room. Mission accomplished.

Now if you'll excuse me, my tinfoil hat needs some polishing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i understand you squib it.

im worried the chiefs have a play on if it’s squibbed.

id rather not leave it up to my special teams
    I'm with you on this one.

I think a squib would have been a good call too. But I want to make them go as much of the field as possible.

The failure was the defense, not the kickoff IMO. And KC's also very, very good on offense.

But I think it wasn't unreasonable for Buffalo to trust their D in that situation.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 01-24-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The squib would have been the right call and I know there is a lot of frustration today by Bills fans on the OT rules. But bottom line is if you can't hold a team for 13 seconds you probably don't deserve to move forward. 13 seconds.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    If I didn't know better, it looked like the Rams/Bucs game was fixed. Bucs getting blown out, saved by incredible timely fumbles, bad snaps, even a missed FG that came up SHORT from 47 yards. When is the last time you've seen that in a good-weather game?

Then the Rams get Kupp wide open 1-on-1? Seemed scripted.

What appeared even more scripted, however, was that despite the "furious" finish there appeared to be an almost complete lack of emotion afterwards by both teams. Polite handshakes and then walk to the locker room. Mission accomplished.

Now if you'll excuse me, my tinfoil hat needs some polishing.
    What about the Bills Chiefs game? What the hell were the Bills doing at the end on that last drive, big coaching fail there. And then in OT, nobody covering Kelce and then a wide open Chiefs WR that set up the team inside the 10 for the game winning TD. Mahomes is great obviously but the Bills couldn't have made it much easier at the end for him. Just bad football tbh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He did.

*** but can we celebrate some more that Brady and his used car salesman smiling a$$ is out the playoffs?
    this guy is

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1485...cking-tweet%2F

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    The squib would have been the right call and I know there is a lot of frustration today by Bills fans on the OT rules. But bottom line is if you can't hold a team for 13 seconds you probably don't deserve to move forward. 13 seconds.
    Quoted for truth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Point made.

But give me that stud QB , and we can worry about putting the line around him afterwards. But the hard part is acquiring the stud first!!!

After all, you can just walk into the draft and pick up a generational center
    ( Humphrey) and just get the ball rolling again because it seems thereís always numnuts who need a center but will pass on what they need anyway.
    Absolutely, but a couple of things here...

It is easy to say give me the stud QB but identifying that guy is nowhere near that easy. Yesterday we watched two of the best young QBs in the game go at in one of the greatest playoff games of all time. Mahomes was the 10th overall pick in 2017, but the second QB taken behind Trubisky. And they acquired that pick by trading with the Bills whose QB at the time was Tyrod Taylor (obviously did not see the franchise value of either Mahomes or Watson). Mahomes was considered an overreach by many. Allen was the third QB picked in 2018 after Mayfield and Darnold, and 3 picks before Rosen.

So, taking QB is a crap shoot. You are dealing with 21 year old kids and putting them in a high profile pressure cooker. Playing behind the 2021 Steelers' OL would turn even the most talented kid into David Carr. I would only draft a QB if I'm absolutely convinced that he is the guy, and he would not even compete to start on this team next season unless there is a miraculous turnaround on the line. Continue to rebuild the OL and the kid hopefully emerges as the starter the same time the line learns to protect the QB.