Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Steeler playoff games thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Dude, just shut up you are probably the most annoying poster on here.
    Nah, I'm worse.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Hope the Steelers are paying attention - can't compete year in and year out with average QB play and try to surround him with talent. You need a special player at the position.
    Boom. Boom
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Boom………. Boom
    you're right, you win.

you are the most annoying poster here.

congratulations....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, the games this weekend - ALL of them, demonstrated just how far below what's needed the Steelers were this year compared to the competition. Crazy they were able to sneak in as the 7 seed - although i'd say this year showed what a waste of space the 7 seed is. I'd be in favor of eliminating it and going back to the previous formula with two teams getting the bye.

But as for the Steelers - unless we find our next QB asap, we are going to be looking up to teams like the bills, chiefs, even cincy for quite awhile.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I think Niners defense has looked way more impressive in the playoffs. Bills defense wasn't getting much pressure on Mahomes in the 2nd half and guys were wide open on some plays, Kelce was basically uncovered at times what the hell, seemed like a pretty vanilla gameplan overall that clearly didn't work. Mahomes finished 33/44 yikes.

I know people like high scoring games but honestly I enjoyed yesterday's games much more, I like to see some good defensive play and not arena ball.
    Yea, kinda reminded me of the second CLE-BAL game last season. Statues playing defense would have been better than what those teams had out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Well, the games this weekend - ALL of them, demonstrated just how far below what's needed the Steelers were this year compared to the competition. Crazy they were able to sneak in as the 7 seed - although i'd say this year showed what a waste of space the 7 seed is. I'd be in favor of eliminating it and going back to the previous formula with two teams getting the bye.

But as for the Steelers - unless we find our next QB asap, we are going to be looking up to teams like the bills, chiefs, even cincy for quite awhile.
    We already have lost 3 straight to the bengals. Having a legit qb is the only thing that really matters in todays NFL. As we saw from todays games.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Niners got key defensive players back at the right time

They've had the Rams' number this season

Niners/Chiefs in the big game, write it down

Chiefs win another Lombardi

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Are you okay?

Does that mean a 32nd ranked D or O is the same as the top?
    I think what he is trying to say is that rankings aren't very predictive of outcomes. While they tell you where a team currently is relative to the rest of the league, they don't tell you where they will be (unless it's the Steelers offense...).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Having a legit qb is the only thing that really matters in todays NFL. As we saw from todays games.
    I thought it was only the head coach that matters?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Nah, I'm worse.
    Lol let's agree we're all the most annoying.