Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Steeler playoff games thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So how was this scripted?

Was the tie always meant so the GOAT could pass the torch with 36 seconds left?

Or was Stafford supposed to fumble on the draw and he refused to "take a dive"?

I am always entertained by the fix discussions.

Brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    So how was this scripted?

Was the tie always meant so the GOAT could pass the torch with 36 seconds left?

Or was Stafford supposed to fumble on the draw and he refused to "take a dive"?

I am always entertained by the fix discussions.

Brothervad
    The fix was on a 47 yd FG that was 5 yds short by a kicker that's been money all season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    An amazing season on the whole for Kupp.

hey blitz

what were the odds of tampa tying the game down 14 with 4 mins left?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I hope it's not a Niners Chiefs SB rematch. Please be Niners-Bills and Bills win or Rams Bills, just no Chiefs or Niners SB win. Niners have impressed me honestly more than any other team in the playoffs so far and they have beaten the Rams 5 straight times. NFC West, Hawks own the Niners, Rams own the Hawks, Niners own the Rams.
    Well on the bright side...if nines win no freakin way does Jimmy G. end up a Steeler

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"The fix was on a 47 yd FG that was 5 yds short by a kicker that's been money all season."

Ok and they still win...please

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I hope it's not a Niners Chiefs SB rematch. Please be Niners-Bills and Bills win or Rams Bills, just no Chiefs or Niners SB win. Niners have impressed me honestly more than any other team in the playoffs so far and they have beaten the Rams 5 straight times. NFC West, Hawks own the Niners, Rams own the Hawks, Niners own the Rams.
    I donít want the Bengals either. Iíll be rooting for the Bills

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    hey blitz

what were the odds of tampa tying the game down 14 with 4 mins left?
    Didn't look. Not sure why you think these are gotcha questions.

I think the true odds for the Steelers would have been worse than whatever the predicted odds were, because I think they just look at all teams in similar situations.

For the Steelers, you'd want to filter out results from any teams that have the ability to consistently compete 5+ yard passes

And while SMs boys made it really close, the Rams did win.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Dont anyone ever tell me the NFL isnt fixed
    The NFL isn't fixed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Didn't look. Not sure why you think these are gotcha questions.

I think the true odds for the Steelers would have been worse than whatever the predicted odds were, because I think they just look at all teams in similar situations.

For the Steelers, you'd want to filter out results from any teams that have the ability to consistently compete 5+ yard passes

And while SMs boys made it really close, the Rams did win.
    you and others brought up odds and defended tomlin decision to forgo a 4th and 1 late in the 4th qr vs vegas.

both teams had to play perfect from the points noted and "it didn't matter" was the excuse used because the odds were so long.

yet, we keep seeing it happen on a weekly basis. like yesterday's game, what were san fran's odds to win before the punt block??

when you admit tomlin was wrong about his decision. i'll stop pointing out that it happens all the time

Legend

User Info Menu

The Rams collapse at the end shows exactly why the 49ers have beaten them 6 times in a row.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.