Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Steeler playoff games thread

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    That cap space you speak of in another post is gone if you trade for Rodgers. All for a soon to be 39 year old QB with no offensive line. Thatís downright irresponsible.

The play here is sign Minkah and work to rebuild the trenches. That can be done in FA and the draft. The Steelers were ranked near last in run offense and they were last in run defense. Nothing changes until the OLs and DLs are rebuilt.
    Totally agree, Bucks. Rebuilding doesn't happen if we sign an expensive vet (no matter the age), give up picks to get him. It's a band aid. Use that cap space and draft picks to build the team up so a new QB has the best chance for success.

Rodgers is now off my list of franchise QBs; he will never go to a SB again, because he plays small in the playoffs. The league is very scant on franchise QBs and heavy on "entertainers". If anyone can beat Mahomes and Brady, they need to show it this year or they remain "entertainers" (and it pains me to say that, but it's true).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    That cap space you speak of in another post is gone if you trade for Rodgers. All for a soon to be 39 year old QB with no offensive line. That’s downright irresponsible.

The play here is sign Minkah and work to rebuild the trenches. That can be done in FA and the draft. The Steelers were ranked near last in run offense and they were last in run defense. Nothing changes until the OLs and DLs are rebuilt.
    Agreed. Just got rid of an aging high priced QB and some want to jump right back on board with another. There are and will be plenty of capable FA QBs in the league willing to move around if they go to a playoff ready team. Take two years to fill the holes, reduce the cap, and then sign or draft a QB. By that time, CIN, CLE, and BAL will all be saddled with very high cost QBs and the Steelers will have the cap advantage.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Agreed. Just got rid of an aging high priced QB and some want to jump right back on board with another. There are and will be plenty of capable FA QBs in the league willing to move around if they go to a playoff ready team. Take two years to fill the holes, reduce the cap, and then sign or draft a QB. By that time, CIN, CLE, and BAL will all be saddled with very high cost QBs and the Steelers will have the cap advantage.
    Amen, Brother North. Speaking the gospel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Excellent post.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Rodgers is now off my list of franchise QBs; he will never go to a SB again, because he plays small in the playoffs. The league is very scant on franchise QBs and heavy on "entertainers". If anyone can beat Mahomes and Brady, they need to show it this year or they remain "entertainers" (and it pains me to say that, but it's true).
    This part right here made me smile due to the fact that many are starting to see that Mr Rodgers is not who they thought he was. His man love for Adams cost them the TB game last season, and he came up small again yesterday when trailing against a good team. What's that record at, 0-43 now when trailing against teams with winning records in the 4th quarter? He's now 7-9 in the playoffs since wining the SB over 10 years ago, mostly with home advantage and stacked teams.

Hard pass for this aging regular season hero.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    This part right here made me smile due to the fact that many are starting to see that Mr Rodgers is not who they thought he was. His man love for Adams cost them the TB game last season, and he came up small again yesterday when trailing against a good team. What's that record at, 0-43 now when trailing against teams with winning records in the 4th quarter? He's now 7-9 in the playoffs since wining the SB over 10 years ago, mostly with home advantage and stacked teams.

Nah, it's all the OC's fault don't you know. Should have had better playcalling or let Rodgers run the no-huddle....

Starter

User Info Menu

Nah, it's all the OC's fault don't you know. Should have had better playcalling or let Rodgers run the no-huddle....
    Nah, they were outplayed on special teams, Rodgers came up with nothing in the second half, including the last two possessions in the 4th, and SF's D made the bigger plays when it mattered most.

That SF D is the best in league when healthy, which they barely were all season. They are proving it in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post

San Fran never had the lead in that game until the last play.

But everything else is why I want no parts of Aaron Rodgers. How many times has this dude come up short with homefield advantage? We all talk about how great he is but he has one SB trip and a bunch of choke jobs (Seattle wasn’t his fault).

He has come up short in the playoffs a lot lately. I was on the Rodgers wagon for years and thought he was the best QB talent wise but this last game solidified his shortcomings. He is living off regular season hype.

then he had the nerve to play this hurt QB this offseason like he isn’t almost 40. Talking about the “last dance” GTFOH.

and he is a douchebag. Just because he hosted Jeopardy this dude now believes he is a scientist. Why the hell is he floating conspiracies the week of a playoff game. He lied to everyone and had the franchise playing along to protect him from the douche he is..

Beat by Jimmy G who had 0 TD’s.. AT HOME.

Goodbye QAaron Rodgers
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

For some reason, I thought Rodgers was trailing again when typing that, LOL. My bad, but you got the point of it all.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m in the no Rodgers or any other high priced franchise QB. Get me a guy on the cheapest deal possible with the most upside. And dump him before a big contract.

That’s another reason I’m not interested in MR. If he were to somehow have a good season (don’t think he will) he’ll immediately become to expensive to win with.