Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Steeler playoff games thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Non-Steeler playoff games thread

If off-topic please move or delete.

Buffalo played a perfect game last night. No TOs, no punts, no FG attempts. TDs every time they had the ball against a top 5 defense. Statement win. We'll find out if it was sustainable, but for now they look like they have got it all together. Only team in the playoffs with a top 5 O and top 5 D, which had me wondering how they lost 6 games in the first place. Comes down to Allen being on his game or not.

Cincy and Vegas looked like two teams who have long playoff droughts. Burrow's going to be a problem for a long time. If the Bengals strengthen their D in the offseason they could be SB favorites next summer.

About that erroneous/quick whistle on the TD pass, technically they should have blown the play dead and replayed it, but I don't get the narrative that the Bengals got over. It was blown a split second before the catch, didn't affect the play, IMO. About all you can say is that the Raiders got screwed because the league didn't uphold the refs trying to screw the Bengals out of a legit TD.

I can't even figure why it was blown? It was well after Burrow threw it and he really wasn't close to being OOB.

On today's slate, expecting a TB blowout of overrated Philly, and a nail-biter with Dallas and SF.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bills looked unstoppable against Pats. We are going to have a tough time handling them in the AFC championship.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    If off-topic please move or delete.

Buffalo played a perfect game last night. No TOs, no punts, no FG attempts. TDs every time they had the ball against a top 5 defense. Statement win. We'll find out if it was sustainable, but for now they look like they have got it all together. Only team in the playoffs with a top 5 O and top 5 D, which had me wondering how they lost 6 games in the first place. Comes down to Allen being on his game or not.

Cincy and Vegas looked like two teams who have long playoff droughts. Burrow's going to be a problem for a long time. If the Bengals strengthen their D in the offseason they could be SB favorites next summer.

About that erroneous/quick whistle on the TD pass, technically they should have blown the play dead and replayed it, but I don't get the narrative that the Bengals got over. It was blown a split second before the catch, didn't affect the play, IMO. About all you can say is that the Raiders got screwed because the league didn't uphold the refs trying to screw the Bengals out of a legit TD.

I can't even figure why it was blown? It was well after Burrow threw it and he really wasn't close to being OOB.

On today's slate, expecting a TB blowout of overrated Philly, and a nail-biter with Dallas and SF.
    Made no sense why they blew the whistle that late into the play. He was close to the line but its not a reason to blow a play dead. Great pass and no one from the Raiders was going to knock down that pass.

Bills beat down the Pats and totally dominated that game. While I do agree that Mac Jones is going to be a nice QB for them I have no idea if he can take over a game like some are suggesting. This wasn’t a 3 point loss. It was a 30 point loss.

Welcome to playoff football Mac Jones.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Bills looked unstoppable against Pats. We are going to have a tough time handling them in the AFC championship.
    Oh great. Now you just provided BB material for KC.

If we lose....I blame YOU!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

Allen looked poised and unstoppable, but he has looked that way the last two games against NE. Bad Allen was on display just two weeks ago against Atlanta, and the Jets made him look average last week, so who is he right now?, and, is he ready to take the next step?

Burrow played like he has been there before, which was scary to see. That was a legit defensive front he faced that gave his oline issues all game, but Joe passed the test for sure under pressure. He's not going to be a fun opponent to face for years to come. Cin defense, and that oline, are their weaknesses, so I'm not sure they go much further in these playoffs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not a fan of Derek Carr but he made a lot of plays yesterday and would certainly be an upgrade over Ben the past couple years, just not sure how much he'd cost.

EESH. Just looked at his stats - 29/54?

Maybe I should have stuck with my original feeling.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 01-16-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Sorry, but Carr will never play up to his next contract, which will be a bump into the 30+ area. His cap hit will not be worth the investment.

A pass for me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Sorry, but Carr will never play up to his next contract, which will be a bump into the 30+ area. His cap hit will not be worth the investment.

A pass for me.
    Yeah, I talked myself out of it already and now I'm driving the Jameis Winston hype train.

Legend

User Info Menu

Allen and the Bills played a perfect game . I don’t they can sustain that level of play throughout these playoffs. So Titans /Chiefs won’t see the team we saw yesterday. After the performance we saw from Bills yesterday , you can only go down.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post

A pass for me.
    QBs seldom do (play up to their contract).
    I'd personally love Derek Carr in Pitt at a reasonable price (which wont happen)