Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Unavoidable Demises..."

Legend

User Info Menu

A close competitive game until the end is what im praying for
    I unfortunately dont expect anything close to that after watching us stumble through the season
    We are not a good team so expectations are low but a blowout just adds to the pain of this season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I don't know how to do poll questions but here's one for the Planet; obviously we all want a win BUT, would you be more disappointed by an absolute beat down, or a last second loss? I'm thinking a last second loss would be pretty crushing to end the season.
    I really don't want Ben's last game to be embarrassing.

I'm really happy that we have a chance in the playoffs. But if his last game had been the Rats win, I think it would have been OK with that. And better than if it ends on another Cleveland Ike playoff game.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 01-16-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

No one disagrees Roethlisberger has made clutch plays this season. What no one seems to be able to answer is; 'where is the 4th qtr offense for the other 3 qtrs??'.
    I think it's because we take more chances.

Like with Cowher, we don't want to take those chances all game. Keep it close and hope we pull it out at the end.

I think the best way to manage high variance is to limit reps and hope you keep flipping heads. But the more times you flip, the higher your chances of tails.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I really don't want Ben's last game to be embarrassing.

I'm really happy that we have a chance in the playoffs. But if his last game had been the Rats win, I think it would have been OK with that. And better than if it ends on another Cleveland Ike playoff game.
    They were openly laughing on the radio about Roethlisberger's comments earlier in the week. Said he was already in retirement mode. They give the Steelers no chance in the game.

Let's hope he's got one last ride in him......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No one disagrees Roethlisberger has made clutch plays this season. What no one seems to be able to answer is; 'where is the 4th qtr offense for the other 3 qtrs??'.
    Watch other games - defenses soften up with the lead in the 4th, previously stopped offenses start clicking and piling up stats. It happens all over the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Watch other games - defenses soften up with the lead in the 4th, previously stopped offenses start clicking and piling up stats. It happens all over the league.
    Sounds like the Jalen Hurts story.