Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Starting Quarter Back 2022

Legend

User Info Menu

MR is worse than anybody on that list. Some are romanticizing because he’s a guy we drafted.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    The last I heard the Duck migrated to Canada.
    yup, playing in the CFL now with the Ottawa Redblacks:

https://triblive.com/sports/former-s...ads-to-canada/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    MR is worse than anybody on that list. Some are romanticizing because he’s a guy we drafted.
    I strongly disagree. The FAs on the list provided offer nothing. I’d be interested in Mariotta but his only use right now is the wildcat.

Roll with Rudolph, take our lumps and figure out the QB position before the 2023 season.

Starter

User Info Menu

For me Mason Rudolph has done nothing to "earn" this job - personally I don't even think he should be our #2.

*In my mind - if we're Starting Mason Rudolph - we're basically prepared to tank the season -- why not give someone else a chance to resurrect their career, or someone who has shown some promise?

If we can retain - Haskins and/or Dobbs - I like bringing in Teddy Bridgewater with a sensible contract.

Bridgewater was supposed to be the answer in Carolina - but when McCaffrey was injured (again) he didn't have much help, Denver always seemed like a pit stop for both sides.

Minshew is a great idea if he ends up on Waivers.
    Tribitsky would be interesting - I do wonder if he'll follow Brian DaBoll if/when DaBoll takes a Head Coaching Job next year.
    Mariotta hasn't really started since 2018 - that's rough.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    For me Mason Rudolph has done nothing to "earn" this job - personally I don't even think he should be our #2.

*In my mind - if we're Starting Mason Rudolph - we're basically prepared to tank the season -- why not give someone else a chance to resurrect their career, or someone who has shown some promise?

If we can retain - Haskins and/or Dobbs - I like bringing in Teddy Bridgewater with a sensible contract.

Bridgewater was supposed to be the answer in Carolina - but when McCaffrey was injured (again) he didn't have much help, Denver always seemed like a pit stop for both sides.

Minshew is a great idea if he ends up on Waivers.
    Tribitsky would be interesting - I do wonder if he'll follow Brian DaBoll if/when DaBoll takes a Head Coaching Job next year.
    Mariotta hasn't really started since 2018 - that's rough.

L.B.
    I think we should bring in someone off the scrap heap.

But I don't want to trade for anyone.

We need the picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heck let’s roll with Haskins next season. It would at least answer a few questions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The starter next year will be either MR or Haskins. This baring injury. Minshew can is intriguing but we need the draft picks.

If we get him off waivers would be worth the flyer.

I still thing a Strong or Howell in the 2nd round would be worth the gamble.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think we should bring in someone off the scrap heap.

But I don't want to trade for anyone.

We need the picks.
    For the most part I completely agree -- and Teddy Bridgewater is a FA this Spring.

**However I would gladly let go of some Draft Picks should Seattle want to move on from Russell Wilson. And sadly if someone wants a 6th or 7th rounder for Minshew....he'd be worth it just for the entertainment.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    For the most part I completely agree -- and Teddy Bridgewater is a FA this Spring.

**However I would gladly let go of some Draft Picks should Seattle want to move on from Russell Wilson. And sadly if someone wants a 6th or 7th rounder for Minshew....he'd be worth it just for the entertainment.

L.B.
    I'd be find with a 6th or a 7th. Those guys are likely not going to play anyway.

But I don't want to spend good picks on Matt Ryan.

Maybe for Rodgers, but I think he's too expensive in both cap and draft picks.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'd be find with a 6th or a 7th. Those guys are likely not going to play anyway.

But I don't want to spend good picks on Matt Ryan.

Maybe for Rodgers, but I think he's too expensive in both cap and draft picks.
    Minshew is probably better than MR, definitely has better stats, and he's a year younger too. Wouldn't cost the Steelers much to get him either.