Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama-Georgia

Starter

User Info Menu

Alabama-Georgia

So many defensive players in this game that would look great in a Steelers uniform. Speed...

Legend

User Info Menu

NT Jordan Davis is a mountain of a man, nobody moves him against his will.

but I was equally impressed by his teammates LB Nakobe Dean, DE Travon Walker and DT Devonte Wyatt.

would love to see any of them in Black & Gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    So many defensive players in this game that would look great in a Steelers uniform. Speed...
    I know!! I was watching this game and wishing we could get 2/4 of these guys in the next draft .
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    NT Jordan Davis is a mountain of a man, nobody moves him against his will.

but I was equally impressed by his teammates LB Nakobe Dean, DE Travon Walker and DT Devonte Wyatt.

would love to see any of them in Black & Gold.
    Don't think the Steelers value NT enough to take one in the first round anymore. I realize the game has changed, but the pendulum will swing back and you still need to stop the run anyway. I don't care if he only plays 65% of the snaps, we'll own those snaps and put Watt & Co. in more 3rd and longs.

Is there a serious Super Bowl contender who isn't stout up the middle? Steelers had an historically bad run D this year. Last time they gave up 200+ in four games was 1954, when Chuck Noll played for the Browns.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 01-11-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought i was watching the Steelers where the UGA offense didn't show up until the 4th Q.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Don't think the Steelers value NT enough to take one in the first round anymore. I realize the game has changed, but the pendulum will swing back and you still need to stop the run anyway. I don't care if he only plays 65% of the snaps, we'll own those snaps and put Watt & Co. in more 3rd and longs.

Is there a serious Super Bowl contender who isn't stout up the middle? Steelers had an historically bad run D this year. Last time they gave up 200+ in four games was 1954, when Chuck Noll played for the Browns.
    I agree. Part of the reason we get gashed for runs is the lack of of true NT in the middle. Its ridiculous to have a 3-4 base D without a true NT.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I thought i was watching the Steelers where the UGA offense didn't show up until the 4th Q.
    Georgia QB finally showed up for the game. Glad he finally took a few shots downfield.

Just happy to see a team besides Bama winning a championship.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Jordan Davis is more than a two down NT like Hampton. He would be able to play all the DL positions in our defense and in all our packages
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

You still have to be able to stop the run in our division.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Jordan Davis is more than a two down NT like Hampton. He would be able to play all the DL positions in our defense and in all our packages
    Is that true? They made a comment about him during the SEC Championship that he would run off the field on 3rd down without being called off.