Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pressley Harvin

Legend

User Info Menu

Pressley Harvin

sucked today

Waitmann had been fantastic in the prior 2 games

if we're serious about trying to win the next game, we put Waitmann in at punter

not saying we need to cut Harvin -- keep him, too, and let them battle it out for the position before next season

but for now, Waitmann needs to be the guy

Starter

User Info Menu

No agenda here really, but does Tomlin not want to bench him because he used a draft pick on a punter?

Starter

User Info Menu

Agreed.

Harvin has had a hard time lately, losing his dad on Christmas. I'm sure the time leading to that, too, was pretty hard for a young man.

He deserves to compete with Waitmann for the job next year, but Waitmann should punt in the playoffs (providing, of course someone wins the Raiders/Chargers tonight). He is the better punter right now.

Backup

User Info Menu

For the most part he sucked all year, before and after his dads loss. He has one job! cut him.

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree, Harvin could still be the punter going forward but not right now, make the right move, Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin won't do that and that's one of the things that I don't like about him. It's fine to be loyal but first you should doing everything to put your team in a position to win and Waitmann has been punting really well and Harvin, not so much.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Inexcusable that he got the start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Tomlin won't do that and that's one of the things that I don't like about him. It's fine to be loyal but first you should doing everything to put your team in a position to win and Waitmann has been punting really well and Harvin, not so much.

Pappy
    Tomlin gives every player a fair chance to fail in crucial situations. Harvin did so, so it's time to slide him to backup for the season. And next season he should be competing to win the job, not keep it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Tomlin gives every player a fair chance to fail in crucial situations. Harvin did so, so it's time to slide him to backup for the season. And next season he should be competing to win the job, not keep it.
    Harvin failed all season. I expect him to punt in KC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd sit him. This is the playoffs, not the time to see if your draft pick can turn it around. He was given ample time to see if he could get the job done and it wasn't good.